View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:08 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default ??'s For the builder community: "V" bracing?

Most of us now know that the newest innovation from Taylor has been announced and demonstrated at NAMM..."V" bracing. Taylor has MUCH to say about the tonal improvements utilizing this approach. Despite a number of different approaches to bracing that I have seen, most are very similar. Of course it is hard to argue with what has worked for years, right??

Not that Taylor has necessarily been the "industry standard", but certainly many of their innovations through the years have become commonplace in building today and as such their new ideas should be studied. Heck, my guess is that their R&D budget is larger than that of most builders , and I'd be shocked to think they would make such a big deal about something that really isn't a big deal...right??

Here's a pic from Taylor's website:

The Story here:

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitar...-bracing/story

So my questions for anyone, but primarily directed at our gifted Luthier community here on AGF are as follows:

1) What are your general thoughts about this approach?
2) Have you ever built a guitar with bracing like this? If so, what were the results and have you continued to use this approach?
3) Do you have any intention of trying this?
4) Is this potentially as significant as the bolt on neck to future guitar building?

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I know that many are curious about this new approach and what it might mean for the future. Your time and wisdom is appreciated!!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 01-30-2018 at 09:16 AM.