View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

I just picked up an Emerald X20 Artist and so far I really like it. I'm surprised by just how much it sounds like a wood acoustic. I only play fingerstyle and strum with my thumb when I need to. I will eventually make a couple video clips for the NGD thread I'll do in a few weeks once I've put it through it's paces. I can strum a few times with a pick, I guess but it only sounds so good through the cell phone camera I record with.

There are many videos on You Tube of the various CF guitars. There must be some with pics. But unless they were done professionally the sound will be mediocre at best. I want to say there were some decent X20 videos out there where they picked. My X20 has a ton of low end (bass). So much so in fact that I've had to really back off on the bass when amplifying. And the body is not that big. Probably somewhere between an 00 and 000 size.

Just pick one up used here on AGF for a good price and that way if you don't like it, you can flip it and get your money back. I've done this the past two years and AGF and I've bought, sold and/or traded some great guitars with some great people. It was a great experience each and every time, I've never lost money because I do my homework and make sure I'm getting a good deal.

Where are you located? If you're close to me you can come play my X20!