The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
More guitars than talent

Default cancer medical update - financial hit now

No real change other than the instestinel blockage is not getting better and I can't eat or drink much at all now. Thank God for the 24 hour nutrition IV. They have bumped up my pain meds (demoral IV) and that is helping a bit. Wish I could have it 24 hours! Sleep is much better now with the demoral at bedtime. I actually slept 6 hours straight last night. It was wonderful.
Just a matter of time before the bowel will burst and then things will progress to the end. I'm still praying for a miracle. It's never too late.

One more fly in the ointment. My pay has run out (finally) and now I have to wait until the disability retirement paperwork is processed. Not sure how long that will take. Also, my wife ran out of paid leave so she is now using the Family Medical Leave Act and working 1/2 days. In other words, she is only getting paid 1/2 of what her former salary is. I believe she said she can do this until year end. She is quite the woman to help me as much as she can. She has learned many nurse duties and continues to learn

Pray that we will be able to control our finances and not dig a deep hole during this period of less pay for my wife and 2 daughters after I'm gone. We have a lot of "experts" that I hope she will get advice from.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Beatlenut, I just want to let you know that I am still praying for you and your wife...your thankful attitude during this battle has been a model and inspiration to me.
2006 T5-S Tobacco burst (40th birthday present from my wife! :-)
2008 516CE (KEEPER!)
2002 NS-7
Ibanez Concord 670 (my first guitar!)
Tanglewood TSF-CE (Red)
Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

On the daily list, beatlenut.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:41 PM

Ok, I guess I will be banned from this site. However, I'm going to have my say.

Several years back I got laid off from work for 6 months. My wife was a full time college student. We sent our daughter to private school. We had a little money socked back. It got hard at times, real hard. It seemed that when we got really close to the end of our finances God would send someone along with food,money or an odd job for me to do. I had a lot of pride to swallow in those days because of the help we recieved. Then finally one day it hit me,these people were graciously giving gifts. I learned how to accept them. I have worked all my life and was thinking I was a charity case.

Now, we can help Beatlenut out. By giving monetary gifts. A fellow brother and human is in need. I looked and there are over 13k members. Fellows the reason I have money is because God knows I'm going to give some of it away. I don't have a lot of money but, I know I can afford 20 dollars to give to this man and his family. I have been told about rules of giving money to people in here but sometimes you have to say the heck with the rules.

If need be Beatlenut pm me your address and I'll send you the money...being that I don't get banned. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry everyone, I had to get that off my chest.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:33 PM
More guitars than talent

That's kind of you, but we have money socked away too and hope that will be enough. We just want to make sure that we can still save for the kids college funds. We may have to stop putting money into those until she gets back to full pay. I didn't post asking for handouts.

As you can see by my signature, I have quite a few guitars that I can sell. So far my wife is not letting me sell any via shipment. Four are available locally now as she does not want to mess with shipping. That could change and would be a source of income. Of course, there are a few that will never go that have sentimental value.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG

Last edited by beatlenut; 08-25-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Rusty, I don't think you're going to get banned for that. There is certainly not a person here who doesn't wish Keith and his family the very best. Many of us are praying for him daily, and even those who don't pray are sending him their best wishes, mojo, good vibes or whatever good things they can.

As much as we as individuals hurt for our friend and wish we could help, as a forum we don't do fund raisers. If we did, we would instantly be overrun with worthy causes.

However, we never try to tell our members what they can do with their money outside the AGF. There have been a very few instances in our history where some of us would privately decide to do something nice for someone, as when our beloved Bagelsgirl lost her treasured Taylor 510, and nearly her life, in a car accident. Privately, people gave enough to replace that guitar with an exceptional 910 that was only a few years old. But that was a huge exception to our no fund raisers policy.

Friends, Keith has not asked for contributions, but I'm sure he would accept any he received with love and gratitude. If you are moved and feel you just have to help, please do so privately on your own. No harm in that, I think, but the AGF still does not do fund raisers, even for an inspiring friend like Keith. Thanks!

Keith, I'm still asking for a miracle for you, but as I do for myself, I add that phrase from the Lord's Prayer about "on earth, as it is in heaven." Thank you for keeping us posted. Please do us the honor of continuing to pray specifically by keeping us updated, OK?

Thanks and blessings,
cotten
Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 PM

any pickers here in IL, IA, MN, or WI please PM me re the possibility of doing a benefit.....

Keith, you are in my prayers every night.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Me

Keith,
I just wrote a long mushy post to you, but I had to delete it. I'm not good at writing in these circumstances. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that want to say something beautiful, helpful, even magical, but we can't. Please know that our silence is just that we feel inadequate to say anything of value. Also please know that we all wish you and your family peace, hope, love, protection and everything good that we feel so strongly that you deserve. Our hearts, prayers, thoughts and wishes go out to you and your family.

We also would like to be of help in a tangible way. So if Sandy or someone else will find a way for us to give, through a benefit concert or whatever, we want to know about it.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten
Rusty, I don't think you're going to get banned for that. There is certainly not a person here who doesn't wish Keith and his family the very best. Many of us are praying for him daily, and even those who don't pray are sending him their best wishes, mojo, good vibes or whatever good things they can.
Friends, Keith has not asked for contributions, but I'm sure he would accept any he received with love and gratitude. If you are moved and feel you just have to help, please do so privately on your own. No harm in that, I think, but the AGF still does not do fund raisers, even for an inspiring friend like Keith. Thanks!
With this being said, Would it be possible (with Keith's permission of course) if we were able to privately send gifts of love and support? (money). We would need Keith to give us an address (not necessarily his own) that we could send this to. This could be done privately through pm but it might get tiring for Keith to try and respond to every pm.

Keith, don't look upon this negatively. I think some of us feel a bit frustrated that all we can do is pray when we would like to do more.

You are in our prayers Brother, you keep fighting and hold onto your faith. God Bless you and your family.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:13 AM

Keith

How are you feeling today? I am not sure if you will be in church on Sunday, but from your posts, and being a fellow worship leader, I know it will be hard for you not to be able to play music and lead worship...just want to let you know that your words have become a reminder to me just how precious a gift it is to have strenghth and be able to play and worship. I will not take that God given gift for granted again. Thank you, Keith. If you are not up to playing the guitar on Sunday, no worries, I will play extra hard to fill in for you in my church this Sunday...but don't stay away too long - it a long ways from Toronto to where you are and I can only keep up playing that loud for so long May be all of us who are playing in worship this Sunday can help out?

Our prayers are continuous with you and your family...and I will be leading my church to pray for you tonight.
2006 T5-S Tobacco burst (40th birthday present from my wife! :-)
2008 516CE (KEEPER!)
2002 NS-7
Ibanez Concord 670 (my first guitar!)
Tanglewood TSF-CE (Red)
Old 08-25-2006, 09:29 AM

Keith, this is the first I've heard (read) about your situation and I am so sorry to hear it.

Praying for a miracle.

My Band!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:48 AM

The thing that makes the internet so great is the very thing that can cause enormous frustration. Technology makes it seem like geography no longer matters, introducing us to people we would never meet, building a sense of community and kinship that is as real as if you were all in the same room. When something like this happens, the world all of sudden gets a whole lot bigger.

That being said, Beatlenut, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers....good vibes coming your way.

'93 LKSM 12

Gone:
'05 Avalon 101ce
'03 410r '91 815c '96 412M '00 614 '01 Big Baby '00 310KCE
'98 510ce
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgo
With this being said, Would it be possible (with Keith's permission of course) if we were able to privately send gifts of love and support? (money)....
Once things are private, rather than a official AGF action, anything is possible.

Keith, I have no idea what might come of this, if anything. We all recognize that you did NOT come here to ask for money. You were simply doing as many of us have asked, keeping us updated on your situation. (I hope you will continue to do that.) It has touched us though, and some may like to demonstrate their concern in some tangible way. If so, I would encourage you not to limit the ways God can bless you.

cotten
Old 08-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Well said Cotton...........
Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 AM

My prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

God Bless.

----------
'09 Les Paul Traditional
'93 "Lucky" Taylor 910 (a.k.a. pawn shop rescue)
'62/'09 Fender AVRI Precision

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic