The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-16-2021, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Default **SOLD** 2005 Merrill OM-18 (#197) -- NJ Local Sale/Pickup Thru Winter

** SOLD ** 2005 Merrill OM-18 (#197) -- ** SOLD **

I had this listed for sale shortly before Thanksgiving but pulled the Ad as the holiday approached and with weather turning colder. Now we're in the thick of it, and I'm going to prefer a local cash and carry sale for the next few months. If you live South of me where it's warm, we can talk. Otherwise no shipping for now.

Anyway, this is a 2005 Merrill OM-18 (Ser# 197). The best OM I have ever played or owned, period. Astounding dread-like power and volume, with a beautiful vintage voice.

This is not a case queen. It has been played a ton, has finish checks on both corners of the bridge (which was reglued in the past), a finish check where it rests on the player's leg, and assorted small marks from 15 years of use, none of which go thru the finish. The biggest item to note is a repaired and cleated 4" top crack on the right side of the lower bout along a grain line, which is completely stable. Despite its cosmetic imperfections, it is still an 8 to 8.5 out of 10 condition guitar overall, and I'm a very tough grader as many of you who've bought from me in the past know well.

Specs include Adi top and Mahogany back/sides, 1 3/4 nut with 2 5/16" string spacing, Ebony FB and bridge, medium thickness soft-v profile neck (with adjustable truss rod), and BRW headplate and body bindings. Weighs 3 lbs 10 oz. Recent set up by Ron Ruggiero of Yardley, PA. Action is 6/64 and 4/64 with 0.007" relief. Light fretwear under the B string first 4 frets and high e string first 2 frets. Plays effortlessly.

** SOLD ** Local NJ pickup only

Happy to chat by phone to any and all interested parties. Photos and sound sample below. Thanks for looking!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped

Last edited by brencat; 01-20-2022 at 05:02 PM. Reason: **SOLD** 1/20/22
Old 12-16-2021, 01:24 PM

I feel the Merrill OM 18 is superior tonally to Brazilian.
In the 20 years I've had my 28, every 18 I've played has more of everything I want out of an OM.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Sarad View Post
I feel the Merrill OM 18 is superior tonally to Brazilian.
In the 20 years I've had my 28, every 18 I've played has more of everything I want out of an OM.
Thank you Matt. The only other OM that has ever come close to the power and deep resonance of this Merrill is my friend’s Pre*War Adi/BRW OM…at more than 2x the price.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars