The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 11:29 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Default 2013 Fender American Vintage Telecaster Candy Apple Red with Relic maple neck

Yet another on the chopping block, this one a 2013 American Vintage Tele. This was modeled after a '64 (Don't hold me to that Tele geeks but it's a laminated rosewood fretboard not a slab.). I bought it from a buddy of mine and really was looking for a full maple neck, so I bought a heavy relic early fifties neck from the Fender Custom Shop. Ba-da-bing, two guitars for one!

"The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life.

With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender´s roots-expertly preserving an innovative U.S.

guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it´s going, but also remembers where it came from.

The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender´s best selling guitars (their early-´80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended).

Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet.

Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we´ve completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept-restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more-based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right.

We did the work, and it shows, because there´s pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.

1964 was a monumental year for popular music and a pivotal year for the Telecaster, too, as seen in the American Vintage ´64 Telecaster.

The thicker maple necks of the ´50s and early ´60s now gave way to a more rounded C-shaped profile, this time topped with a round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays.

Other vintage-accurate touches include a lightweight alder body (ash on White Blonde model), staggered bridge pickup pole magnets, threaded steel "barrel" bridge saddles, three-ply white pickguard with eight holes, top-hat switch tip, flat-top knurled chrome control knobs and more.

Features:Slimmer, more rounded maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with staggered bridge pickup pole magnets; Threaded steel "barrel" bridge saddles; "Top-hat" switch tip and flat-top knurled chrome control knobs.

Finish: Candy Red

Case:New Deluxe Vintage Brown Case

(18.41 cm) (fretboard radius)
Chrome (hardware)
Vintage '64 Tele Strap, Cable, and Cloth
Vintage Wiring Kit, '60s Tele Information Kit
Bridge Cover, Owner's Manual, Saddle Height Wrench
3-Ply White with Vintage Bevel (pickguards)
S/S (pickup configuration), Bone (string nut)"

There are only a few small things keeping this guitar from mint condition. There is a small ding on the lower bout which is pictured. There is also a hard-to-capture very faint blemish on the back side which look like bubble wrap, but which could be polished out. I polished it with the Elbow 3000, and have bad tendonitis, so there it is. Finally, the rosewood neck has a small blemish on the top edge which looks like concrete imprint.

These seem to go from anywhere from $1800 to $2200 on Reverb, and the custom shop neck was $1100, so I'm going to start at $2400. All AGF rules apply, and please feel free to contact me with any questions. No trades at this time due to need for money and not enough space.

Last edited by CoolerKing; 10-30-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:20 PM

Poetic License bump to keep all my offerings together. In case it wasn't patently obvious, the original rosewood neck is included.

Last edited by CoolerKing; 11-01-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:03 AM

Bump to the top!
Old 11-01-2020, 01:51 PM

Back off hold due to shipping logistics so feel free to bid away

Last edited by CoolerKing; 11-01-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:12 PM

Bump, thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 08:58 AM

Hi,
What are the specs on the maple neck- radius, shape, Ect.
Thanks!
Alan
Old 11-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augfive View Post
Hi,
What are the specs on the maple neck- radius, shape, Ect.
Thanks!
Alan
I'll have to break out the spec sheet to tell you the radius. As for the shape, for me, this being the third maple neck from the Fender custom shop in as many years, they are a little bit bigger depth-wise than the super thin rosewood lam/flat boards that I've played. The finish is very nicely worn, feels very smooth, doesn't absorb moisture. The main difference you'd notice from a modern strat or tele is it is a few millimeters thicker from front to back.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:31 AM

Bump!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:26 AM

On hold, thx.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars