The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-20-2019, 03:02 PM

Default CF forum and non-emerald CF

Hello, All of you including silent viewers (to which I belong... most of the time.)

This post is to encourage more variety. Carbon forum members are very friendly, mature (no, not old, though maybe, )very respectful and intelligent. I enjoy and appreciate the me-too( or not-me ) bonding and the vast amount of knowledge and experience being shared.

With that in mind, the current domination of Emerald (do not have the numbers, but at least on this forum, I see transactions. Shoot, I bought X7 woody myself.) reflects what Emerald is bringing to the table: Ergonomics and custom work. Do I want Emerald to be the only fish in the pond? No, none of us wants monopoly and I hope the other brands are not sitting still. In my opinion, CFF provides a very healthy, mature atmosphere and would like to encourage those of you who enjoy RS, CA, and what not, to continue to share whatever you are discovering. It would be deeply appreciated by many of us. Who knows, there might be another gem hidden somewhere...

Last edited by Gitaman; 02-20-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

I would acquire my Rainsongs again in a heartbeat. A WS3000 12 string and an original Al Petteway Limited Edition (APLE). I also have a couple of X20’s, a 12 and a Bari, and a CA Cargo. All well loved and keepers, in addition to a decent stable of wood acoustics and electrics.

I love good guitars. The CF’s definitely qualify. As exciting and groundbreaking and beautiful as the Emeralds are, they too are but arrows in a bigger quiver.

Love them all! Mark.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
I would acquire my Rainsongs again in a heartbeat. A WS3000 12 string and an original Al Petteway Limited Edition (APLE). I also have a couple of X20’s, a 12 and a Bari, and a CA Cargo. All well loved and keepers, in addition to a decent stable of wood acoustics and electrics.

I love good guitars. The CF’s definitely qualify. As exciting and groundbreaking and beautiful as the Emeralds are, they too are but arrows in a bigger quiver.

Love them all! Mark.
Guys named Mark know stuff!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Guest 928

I've seen such suggestions in the past. They generally go away with time and new emphasis. For example, on the old Carbon Fiber guitar forum there were times when you'd think that CA was the only maker around. And then there was the time when Peavey purchased CA and for a while discussion seemed to focus on the renewal of CA.

On the other hand, some guitars, while superb instruments, have not received a lot of forum time because are simply too expensive for any widespread comment. Other guitars, like Rainsong, have come in and out of focus depending on new developments, materials, styles. Blackbird drew a lot of forum attention with its Rider series, and then the Super OM, and then with the new material Ekoa.

There are many rooms in the CF castle. I'm hoping that somewhere along the line that Irish company, Emerald, gets it full share of attention.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
As exciting and groundbreaking and beautiful as the Emeralds are, they too are but arrows in a bigger quiver.
I love that ! Well said..right on the mark, Mark.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:05 PM

Talking

Quote:

Love them all! Mark.
Thanks, Mark! More arrows, more food... something like that, right?
I have OF660 and I enjoy playing them all including GPC28 though X7 gets a lion's share.

Like EvanB said subconsciously since he's been around a block or two, Maybe I just said something that has been said million times before my life. And again as suggested million times already with my luck,

How about a wish list...

1. I wish other CF companies would make their guitars more ergonomically designed.

2. I wish they, including Emerald, are more readily available to try out. Like a program, you get a free guitar or something, in return you have to have it available for so many demos. Not set on details, just have 'em available.

3. ...

Uh, strike two? EvanB?

Last edited by Gitaman; 02-20-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Didn't we JUST have this discussion a few months back?!? I see it as a case of any time a new innovation or model gets released there's a lot of posts about it. When the McPherson Sable came out - tons of posts. The Savoy - same thing.

I think Emerald just gets so much space because of the customs. There's a lot more excitement from those ordering, thinking of ordering, waiting for their orders and then the delivery.

With all the other CF guitar makers, you can only buy their off-the-shelf offerings. Nothing wrong with that, but not nearly as exciting.

Last edited by Methos1979; 02-21-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I love that ! Well said..right on the mark, Mark.
Mark my words.

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-20-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Thanks, Mark! More arrows, more food... something like that, right?
I have OF660 and I enjoy playing them all including GPC28 though X7 gets a lion's share.

Like EvanB said subconsciously since he's been around a block or two, Maybe I just said something that has been said million times before my life. And again as suggested million times already with my luck,

How about a wish list...

1. I wish other CF companies would make their guitars more ergonomically designed.

2. I wish they, including Emerald, are more readily available to try out. Like a program, you get a free guitar or something, in return you have to have it available for so many demos. Not set on details, just have 'em available.

3. ...

Uh, strike two? EvanB?
I hinted a bevel to Joe... I do what I can to make them available too have at...
Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I can’t see ever offloading my RS Shorty SG, and my X7 is so beat up it’s not worth much (except for the fact that no matter how much I beat it, it comes back for more). I am contemplating an X20, but will have to move a couple of electrics to make space in my music room, since it will soon have to double as a home office.

I like wood, but for acoustics, the convenience and ability to take punishment makes CF superior for folks like me who have neither the time nor inclination to baby our instruments.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I think Emerald just gets so much space because of the customs. There's a lot more excitement from those ordering, thinking of ordering, waiting for their orders and then the delivery.

With all the other CF guitar makers, you can only buy their off-the-shelf offerings. Nothing wrong with that, but not nearly as exciting.
This is so true. Not only that, for people who follow their Facebook page, I enjoy watching their shipping videos, veneer unboxing and, most recently, the entire Emerald team watching a customer unboxing a custom guitar. Emerald gets a lot of love and it's certainly deserved!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
This is so true. Not only that, for people who follow their Facebook page, I enjoy watching their shipping videos, veneer unboxing and, most recently, the entire Emerald team watching a customer unboxing a custom guitar. Emerald gets a lot of love and it's certainly deserved!
And they (as exemplified above) are managing their social media presence very well. No wonder they are getting all the airtime.

Maybe Rainsong, Journey, Peavey/CA and the others don't feel the need to be so visible. The market will play out, as it should.

In the meantime, silly comments about fanboys and fanclubs are just that - silly.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-20-2019, 07:35 PM
Guest 928

Yo Git;

A block or two? I go by GPS, Amazon, the global web, and a way-neat forum. I am a vrtual range rover.

And hay, this second strike stuff, now you have me worried. Just to be good, I'll wish for whatever you wish. Just don't strike me out.

Hope this finds you well and in good spirits.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Yo Git;

A block or two? I go by GPS, Amazon, the global web, and a way-neat forum. I am a vrtual range rover.

And hay, this second strike stuff, now you have me worried. Just to be good, I'll wish for whatever you wish. Just don't strike me out.

Hope this finds you well and in good spirits.
Zanman, Thank you for the well wishes! (Did you hear Amazon made twice the profit in 2018 and paying 0 for Federal tax? This hasn't been discussed yet... has it?)

Sorry guys for rehashing two old threads on one post, I am pretty good at searching before posting but, obviously needs improvement.

Meant well
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Methos1979;5985666]Didn't we JUST have this discussing a few months back?!? I see it as a case of any time a new innovation or model gets released there's a lot of posts about it. When the McPherson Sable came out - tons of posts. The Savoy - same thing.

Methos, sounds like this is nothing new. I searched further with no gain. If you don't mind, can you share the post title that you had the related discussion? Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber