The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2019, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

Default Fender Acoustasonic Unboxing

Old 01-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Great video. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the vid, Aero.

I'm looking forward to your observations on how well it works for you at gigs. The Fender folks and Larry Fishman have both mentioned that the AAT is very feedback resistant and I'm hoping that will prove to be the case. I'm a little skeptical of that claim, however, because I recall that modeling with some of Mama Bear's jumbo and dread "target" guitars always made my Renaissance RS-6 stage guitar more feedback prone.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:45 PM

It's a unique guitar for sure and I like the looks but if I was going to spend two grand on a guitar to get me acoustic and electric sounds, I would take the Godin Multiac hands down. Click on the link and read the reviews of those who have bought them and look at the specs and see how much more you get for $500.00 less than the Acoustasonic.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...ultiac&index=1
Old 01-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

I would select the smaller body guitar tone or apply a low cut at 100hz on the dread tones.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

It’s ok. I knew this guitar would be polarizing but I don’t like the feel of the Godins. I’m impressed with the Fender so far.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

It sounds fine, just can't believe they are charging $2k for these. You could buy an actual Tele and a nice acoustic for the same amount. It'll be interesting to see how they sell, I wouldn't be shocked to see a hefty price reduction down the road.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, I want one!
Old 01-29-2019, 05:36 PM

$2,000 for a guitar in a gig bag. Yikes.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfastly View Post
It's a unique guitar for sure and I like the looks but if I was going to spend two grand on a guitar to get me acoustic and electric sounds, I would take the Godin Multiac hands down. Click on the link and read the reviews of those who have bought them and look at the specs and see how much more you get for $500.00 less than the Acoustasonic.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...ultiac&index=1
I've read about the godin's having problems with ghost notes.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflehead View Post
$2,000 for a guitar in a gig bag. Yikes.
Of course, that's the most important consideration
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-29-2019, 06:31 PM

I’m a big fan of Godin guitars, which is why I own two of them. However, they do not make a guitar that sounds truly acoustic. If they did, I’d give them my money.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Congrats on the new addition Aero!

Not sure why the negativity from some? Regardless of others opinions, I hope you’re enjoying your new gear.

I’m certain that no one appreciates excitedly posting a NGD only to have others suggest “alternate recommendations” of what the OP “should” have bought...rather than simply offer a congratulations. Or, say nothing at all.

It seems that the old adage, “if you don’t have anything nice/kind to say....” applies. It’s unfortunate, yet it seems to be more prevalent lately. In this, and other threads here on the AGF.

While no offense may be intended, it’s certainly in poor taste.

Regardless, enjoy that new Fender! There’s been a lot of threads here recently regarding them. Please keep us posted to your findings as you are able to spend more time playing and enjoying your new guitar.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Congrats on the new addition Aero!

Not sure why the negativity from some? Regardless of others opinions, I hope you’re enjoying your new gear.

I’m certain that no one appreciates excitedly posting a NGD only to have others suggest “alternate recommendations” of what the OP “should” have bought...rather than simply offer a congratulations. Or, say nothing at all.

It seems that the old adage, “if you don’t have anything nice/kind to say....” applies. It’s unfortunate, yet it seems to be more prevalent lately. In this, and other threads here on the AGF.

While no offense may be intended, it’s certainly in poor taste.

Regardless, enjoy that new Fender! There’s been a lot of threads here recently regarding them. Please keep us posted to your findings as you are able to spend more time playing and enjoying your new guitar.

Well said and you are right. Congratulations Aero! That is a fine instrument and I hope it brings you and others many, many hours of enjoyment.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I would select the smaller body guitar tone or apply a low cut at 100hz on the dread tones.
Going with the 00 model would probably be a good idea for picking with bare fingerpads. Hopefully, I could use a bigger guitar sound for strumming, or picking with a flatpick or fingerpicks.

I'm thinking that guitars like the RS-6 and the Crowdster may be less than ideal for modeling acoustic guitars because they have such a long sustain to begin with - longer than some or all of the true acoustics which their players are attempting to model (with Mama Bear or Aura or whatever). Since the AAT is a true small acoustic with a relatively quick note decay, it may be better suited for modeling various sized acoustics. Hopefully, it will also be less feedback prone when modeling big guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification