The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-28-2019, 03:05 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Fibertone Guitars

I recently discovered the work of Rok Drobun and his Fibertone carbon fiber archtop guitars. Offering several different versions and finishes, these guitars are beautiful.... and it looks like a lot of hand work goes into building them. I would love to play one.

http://www.fibertone-guitars.com

JR
Old 01-28-2019, 03:35 PM

Cool! I don't own an archtop or even play styles that demand them, but it is always good to know about all the CF vendors out there.

It is also worth knowing that ALL carbon fiber guitars involve a lot of handwork too. They don't just pop out of the mold in finished condition. A friend who recently visited the shop of the Irish maker who shares my first initial says that each one takes about 30 hours of hand work after coming out of the mold (or mould using the UK spelling).
Old 01-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Guest 928

These are beautiful. CF electrics are starting to come out of the woodwork.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:14 PM

I found a video of one.. It seems to have a nice warm vintage sound (is that an oxymoron?).

Here's one apparently unplugged.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 PM
Guest 928

This JR guy sure brings a lot of neat stuff to this forum.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
This JR guy sure brings a lot of neat stuff to this forum.
He does know stuff, and a CF owner of course and twas a great thing letting us have our own CF sub forum on his AGF world of wood.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-05-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Cool! I don't own an archtop or even play styles that demand them, but it is always good to know about all the CF vendors out there.
Just an FYI, when I was younger I always thought archtops/semi-hollows were strictly for jazz and blues so I never ever bothered with them. One day I just happened to enter a music store and there was a guy playing a Godin Montreal Premiere through a Marshall stack and he was going to town playing everything. He grabbed my attention immediately and all my focus was on the things he was playing, mostly metal and hard rock. There was a certain airiness to the sound that I never heard before in those music genres I was completely blown away. I eventually went over and talked to him and to make a long story shorter, he told me semi's/archtops are his favorite guitars for all music genres. It wasn't long after that encounter that I bought a Godin Montreal Premiere Triple Play edition for myself. I currently own 3 electrics, a Les Paul (my former favorite), a Woodo gs2, and the Godin. I play mostly hard rock and heavy metal when I play electric guitar and I must say the Godin kills it! If I pick up the Les Paul afterward it just doesn't do it for me like it used to as I immediately notice that loss of air and clarity in the tone.

Just thought I would share this info as a lot of people probably aren't aware just how diverse of an instrument they can be. Next time you're in a music store you should check one out, you might be surprised. To me it was more of a "where have you been all my life" kinda scenario. Now a carbon fiber version is certainly attractive to me for the same obvious carbon fiber reasons. I personally don't humidify the Godin, it stays in its case when not played, but i'm sure it's not as robust as a solid body electric but more than a solid wood acoustic.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:10 PM

Default Hollow body travel guitar

Interesting that it got a detachable carbon fiber archtop guitar (called "Hollow body travel guitar) that similar to Journey of660.

http://fibertone-guitars.com/

It also got a square box for the guitar. Seems like it is possible to hand carry your guitar on plane. But not much reviews are available...

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber