The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Default T&C Hotel Question

Hey everyone, I had this posted in another place then realized no one would see it there:

Hey guys made reservations today for the hotel. I asked about the location of the room and they told me they weren't assigning locations until check-in time. Didn't some of you request tower rooms?
The only thing they would let me choose was smoking/non-smoking and number of beds. So what did they tell you guys?
Lisa
Old 04-20-2002, 02:43 PM

Same thing..The only suggestions I would make is to get there as early in the day as possible. On the other hand I was thinking of asking for a pool side room just to be accessable. I don't know.

What's the preference of everyone else? Tower - Pool or where would you "prefer" to be?

It would be nice if were all were in the same "general" area.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:00 PM

I asked for a pool room too as I thought that it'd be nice to be by the pool AND that it'd be easier to get to too. (Isn't English a weird language?).

But I'm open to change.

-=Tim=-
Old 04-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

Tim,
Did they tell you you could reserve a"pool room" location, or that rooms would be assigned after you arrive? Just curious... I would love to get there really early, but that is impossible because our flight lands at 7:45.
As for location, at first I was thinking "pool" would be good, then I remembered that someone said Tower rooms were larger (thereby accomodating larger improptu jams ) Plus, a couple of things about rooms near the pool, I would think they would fill up faster and could possibly be in a noiser location. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just some thoughts
Lisa
PS yes, English is a weird language

Last edited by TaylorSmitten; 04-20-2002 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2002, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by taylorsmitten
Tim,
Did they tell you you could reserve a"pool room" location, or that rooms would be assigned after you arrive? Just curious... I would love to get there really early, but that is impossible because our flight lands at 7:45."
I was asked when I made my reservation, I asked the person who took the reservation which she'd take and she suggested the tower or the pool. It says pool under preference on the confirmation slip I got.
Quote:
Originally posted by taylorsmitten
Tim,As for location, at first I was thinking "pool" would be good, then I remembered that someone said Tower rooms were larger (thereby accomodating larger improptu jams ) Plus, a couple of things about rooms near the pool, I would think they would fill up faster and could possibly be in a noiser location. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just some thoughts
Understood but when I get tired I get really tired, chemical thing, so I thought the pool area would easier to get to. Noise doesn't bother me too much. If I need to walk to the jams I guess I'll have to live with that. Also I'm arriving 3 days early so I'll be able to take lots of advantage of the pool.

-=Tim=-

Last edited by TimB; 04-20-2002 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2002, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Hmmm, now I wonder why they wouldn't let us list preference.
Well, I'll wait until I get my confirmation in the mail, then give them a call. Thanks for letting me know.
Lisa
Old 04-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Cocobologist

I was told the tower rooms are bigger, so I told them that would be my preference. Really don't think it's going to make much difference, however, as we probably won't be spending much time in them...

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases