The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-11-2018, 12:59 PM

Default 22 Emerald shipped last Friday

Hello,
In case you are the type that checks AGF before emails, Chloe just sent me a link to a video of all 22 guitars by Alistair. The link is;

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...4448369404089/

Mine is the coco X7 moody. Fyi, they are in London last time I checked. That tripple-headedmonster alone is worth checking out the video. Personally, mine looks the best, what's your say? Have fun!

Last edited by Gitaman; 12-11-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:19 PM

I got that email too. My stock red X30 appears at 4:29 in the video. Your coco X7 looks very pretty, Gitman. But the cocobolo "cross" veneer destined for Scott probably takes the cake.

As is typical, An Post tracking showed it as "despatched from Heathrow" and then nothing updated from USPS since. But at least I can assume it is on this side of the pond now. I did respond thanking Chloe and saying that the video was very cool, but is NOT making the wait any easier. Congrats to Alistair and company on shipping out 22 guitars last week!
Old 12-11-2018, 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=Earl49;5915885]I got that email too. My stock red X30 appears at 4:29 in the video. Your coco X7 looks very pretty, Gitman. But the cocobolo "cross" veneer destined for Scott probably takes the cake.

I agree, Earl, though not my style, that cross on cocobolo looks very cool. I, too, have been thinking red for my X20. I am sure you will love your X30. Hope you get it soon. Doing my best to not dwell on it and failing... I am sure you are used to it.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Hello,
In case you are the type that checks AGF before emails, Chloe just sent me a link to a video of all 22 guitars by Alistair. The link is;

Mine is the coco X7 moody. Fyi, they are in London last time I checked. That tripple-headedmonster alone is worth checking out the video. Personally, mine looks the best, what's your say? Have fun!
Gitaman and Earl - those are both fine looking guitars! Congrats on the impending NGDs. 22 guitars going out - there are going to be some happy people very soon!
Old 12-11-2018, 04:58 PM

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

That is great Kramster ! A good chuckle there. Sorry I got nothing to contribute except that I enjoyed the post on FB and have a bit of jealousy for those receiving those guitars.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Nicely done, sir - but is it right to assume that they are all heading to the USA? Some may land with happy owners before even disappearing into the shipping abyss we here are all conditioned to...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

If I were to purchase an Emerald, I think it would be the blue X20 fan fret 7 string. They all looked quite interesting though.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Yes, the cat is out of the bag, as I'd feared it might. I was hoping to have it in hand for a NGD before it appeared anywhere else but it's not a big deal. To clarify, the veneer is Ziricote with the unique sapwood first seen on Jeff's Ruby Cross guitar. I'll save the rest for the final unveiling although the keen eye surely spotted a few other gems.

There's also potentially a fairly large issue with the guitar which might necessitate a return although I'm waiting to see it in person before making that call. You know, just to drum up some more suspense.

On a positive note, it did pop up on USPS tracking after the transit blackout so I'm optimistic I might even get it this week which is great considering it shipped last Thursday. Much better than the three-week nightmare last year when a whole bunch disappeared!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
If I were to purchase an Emerald, I think it would be the blue X20 fan fret 7 string. They all looked quite interesting though.

Tony
If you ever get the urge, Tony, I'd be very happy to let you take a look at my X20. We're in the same neck of the woods. I should warn you, however, that there's already been one order after such an encounter
Cordoba Stage

Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Guest 928

I didn't get the email, but I'm right in the next room so you folks turned me on--what a beautiful collection of musical instruments. I really like the 3 necker, but Kramster already put in his dibs. He's quick.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
If you ever get the urge, Tony, I'd be very happy to let you take a look at my X20. We're in the same neck of the woods. I should warn you, however, that there's already been one order after such an encounter
Eastwodo, I would definitely be interested in seeing your X20. It has been years since I saw an Emerald. The early models didn't do much for me, but I am hearing and seeing about huge improvements, so it may be time to look at them again. Are you in the Twin Cities metro area, or do you get there from time to time?

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Eastwodo, I would definitely be interested in seeing your X20. It has been years since I saw an Emerald. The early models didn't do much for me, but I am hearing and seeing about huge improvements, so it may be time to look at them again. Are you in the Twin Cities metro area, or do you get there from time to time?

Tony
Southwest metro, Tony - Paisley Park and Dinner Theater territory
Cordoba Stage

Old 12-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Ahoy there Kramster! Add me to your ship of fools! I'll gladly be a part of the crew!
Old 12-11-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Hello,

So...I was going to wait until my items arrived and create a NGD thread but I can claim ownership of that "triple-headed monster" and the Amicus/Bouzouki Chimaera. I actually got a chance to visit the Emerald shop last month for the unveiling of both instruments and will provide some pics once they arrive (hopefully this weekend or sometime next week). I took a few nice pics with Alistair and the team from the day's visit as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber