The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-17-2002, 01:05 PM

Default Im First

I was suprized to see this open up today...

BRAVO J.R.

Now that its here, any further word on planned events for San Diego?

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)

Last edited by Acoustics4ed; 04-17-2002 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:10 PM

Darn! I wanted to be first. Oh well. At least I'm second. Yeah!

Jennifer
Old 04-17-2002, 02:28 PM

Okay,

Here's my dilemma. I have pre-registered for the San Diego trip, and after attending the NC get together I really WANT to go to San Diego.

However, the week before the San Diego trip is the Swannanoa Gathering. The Swannanoa Gathering is an entire week devoted to guitar playing in the mountains of North Carolina. There are several big name players on the faculty and it's an incredible opportunity to learn from some of the best in the world. For example, Don Ross is going to be on the faculty this year. He's going to be teaching a couple of classes. I've wanted to meet him and see him play live for a couple of years. Now I have the opportunity to meet him, and also take lessons with him for an entire week!

I don't think I can take a week off from work to go to the Swannanoa Gathering, and then turn around and take a three day week end my first week back. Plus the cost for the Gathering and the cost for the San Diego trip would be about the same. I don't think I can afford to do both (I'm also going to Alaska in June for a fishing trip and we're renting a house at the beach for a week in September, so my vacation dollars are being spread VERY thin).

I really want to meet Bob Taylor. I really want to meet JR. I desperately want to play in the Taylor performance room. I want to select my own wood for a guitar. I also want to meet Don Ross and get world class input and feedback on my playing and original material. I think with a little help and the right connections I might be able to actually get somewhere with the guitar.

Suggestions, opinions, feedback?

David
Old 04-17-2002, 02:35 PM

And I thought that I had a tough nut to crack. I only cancelled a weeks trip to Acapulco. Well, actually, I rescheduled it. Acapulco will always be there, but, I don't think Bob Taylor will show up at the same time with a truck load of wood.

Let's see. Acapulco or Bob Taylor. Acapulco or Bob Taylor. Acapulco or Bob Taylor. Acapulco or Bob Taylor.

OK, Bob wins..!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Well David, from what I hear about you, we would love for you to choose San Diego, but that is a really tough choice...use vacation time for the week, then call in sick for the 3 day weekend

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 04-17-2002, 04:08 PM

JUST THINK..............................

SICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYSSICK DAYS

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 04-18-2002, 01:01 PM

Its close but San Diego wins.

-Tim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases