The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-15-2018, 01:38 PM

Default Emerald X20 Ziricote (Arrived...and WOW, w/photos on post #27)

Hello Fellow Guitar Enthusiasts,
Pulled the trigger on a new Emerald X20 Ziricote a few months ago. I wanted to share my great experience working with Kevin, who is a terrific and patient fellow to work with when faced with the broad selection of top wood veneers to choose from (over at Emerald Guitars).
I just received my invoice balance and shipping charge, and assume this means the guitar is ready. Anyone know how long it will be before the guitar ships? The wait has been intense.
Thanks,
Karl

Last edited by karlhawaii; 12-03-2018 at 09:58 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-15-2018, 01:47 PM

It’ll seem like years... hope this helped.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM

Congrats, Karl! (no picture showing though)

Once the guitar is finished and paid for, it goes out in the next shipping batch, normally on Fridays. When you get the tracking info for AnPost from Emerald, you can follow it to Heathrow. After it leaves London, you lose all tracking through US Customs in New York and it gets handed over to USPS. Your guitar suddenly shows up at your door after about 7-8 days total in transit, if all goes well. I don't know if being in the Islands will add to that or not, since it is coming by air anyway. US Customs and USPS both take Federal holidays off (mine came over the Veteran's Day holiday last year) so Thanksgiving might add some to your transit time. I hope not.

FWIW, my wife followed her X7 Woody using the USPS app on her iPhone. It seemed to show more updates than the USPS web site, which never updated after New York. We were both tracking the incoming guitar separately.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
It’ll seem like years... hope this helped.
LOL....yeah, the last 2 weeks are the worse, drag on forever ! Be sure and post some pictures here now that you let us know it's coming.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:37 PM

This fun with everyone getting these guitars and we all get to wait with them..I better get another soon...
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-15-2018, 04:02 PM

Congrats your painful wait is almost over! And mine only took 7 days once shipped to get to me from Ireland to Northern Canada which I thought was excellent.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
Anyone know how long it will be before the guitar ships? The wait has been intense.
Thanks,
Karl
One of mine shipped friday and landed eleven days later, the next landed only six days later. So roll of dice I guess.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Guest 928

Karl;

Lo siento. You are now moving into purgatory. The guitar will be shipped whenever, but then it hits customs. Some of customs folks play guitar and so they will have to open the package and test the instrument just to make sure that it is really a guitar and not something more lethal. And that's before it hits the US.

The US customs also must check out if this is really a guitar--it takes a while for the 5 players in the office to check out the guitar. No one likes repackaging the instrument and so that takes a few days of procrastination.

And then it hits US distribution. I once waited 6 months for a guitar to P.O. its way across the US. I figure that guitar played western, southern, and eastern music before it got to its target--A veritable UFO.

Anyway, when the guitar gets to your locale it will get lost 3 times, found twice, and be the target of your search engine.

But it's not all bad. By the time you get your guitar it will have been exhaustively tested, had set-up changes, and been fine tuned. Lucky guy!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

You feeling better now Karl ? Enjoy that awesome guitar you are about to receive next month. We are looking forward to the pictures !
Old 11-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Don't listen to them, Karl. Considering how far that beautiful guitar is coming, it will get there impressively quick. The wait can be hard... even more so if you let these characters here get to you.

It will be worth the wait!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:37 PM

Take a nap under a tree and wake up with a long beard...should be almost delivered by then.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:43 PM

Really appreciate all the information provided...and the humor. It helps to share the pain of waiting.
I was trying to post a photo of the Ziricote template provided by Kevin at Emerald Guitars, but was unable to link to the Google album. Will try to link again soon.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 PM

Here's the link to the Ziricote top template:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...FTb2dPMGtxVUxB

Let me know if you are able to see the image.
Karl
Old 11-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Charter Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that X20 will be killer !! They just don't seem to offer anything other then the best. Wow !
Old 11-16-2018, 05:10 AM

Get your "Something special is on it's way" email yet??

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber