The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Default The Blackbird Farallon Ukuleles

I have been to Hawaii many times, and my friend Ro always takes me into Ukulele shops. In my life, I have never heard such clarity...omg!

Take a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iinpQxUrwZw

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 09-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Very nice instrument. I love the song too! Soothing a hard day away. My daughter is taking up ukulele and I might have to learn something on it Hers is a soprano though, just a tad small for my hands
Old 09-11-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
I have been to Hawaii many times, and my friend Ro always takes me into Ukulele shops. In my life, I have never heard such clarity...omg!

Take a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iinpQxUrwZw
Hi Lisa,

I just received mine (wife picked up)with sound port, K&K and and custom rosette so it looks like a mini captain. Sadly on the road and won't be home till the weekend.

Will report back!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM

Repeat of what I posted yesterday in another thread, just to consolidate things:

My thoughts on Farallon are quite simple - it is a great ukulele in every respect. Well built, good setup, looks good and sounds great too. The fact that it is made of ekoa composite and is not nearly as delicate as wood is a bonus. The Farallon has displaced all of my wood ukulele as regular players - no trivial feat, because I have some nice ones.

Another fellow in our ukulele club has a Farallon too, and he sent his back for the sound port addition. Playing both side by side, I don't hear a lot of difference, but that may be my playing style. He certainly likes the port. Mine has no sound port and no pickup.

When one gal from our uke club wanted to upgrade, she came over to our house. We pulled out my Farallon, my Big Island Uke Company Honu tenor model in all koa, and my wife's Mya Moe boutique-built tenor in all mahogany (and a couple of others too). She spent an hour playing all three in sequence, and I demonstrated all three for her too. They were all good instruments but slightly different in tone, and she had a hard time identifying a favorite. In the end she bought a Blackbird Clara opting for the smaller size because she camps in a van a lot during the summers. Overall size was important to her, and so was the durability factor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber