The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-25-2018, 09:14 AM

Default Emerald Baggs Anthem P/U Option

How much does the internal mic in the Anthem system increase feedback sensitivity?

I wonder how many people go for the $150 upgrade, or regret not ordering it to begin with?
Old 02-25-2018, 09:17 AM

For what it’s worth, I think they will allow you to put in the Anthem SL option for not much of an upgrade cost. My understanding is you get the same mic setup without the on the fly mix adjustment.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:24 PM

I went with the full Anthem system in my X20 and it sounds great after I tweaked the range to my preference. The range of highs to bass exceeded my needs at both ends. I have not had any feedback problems at all, but I know how to stay away from feedback situations. So far, no feedback sitting in front of an amp, or thru a PA which is far less likely to have feedback due to speaker placement. Any of my standard soundhole guitars would require a cover to help avoid feedback, but it would still be there if the room gets too loud. Since there is no cover for the x20 soundhole, no feedback is a good thing.

Not that you asked, but I think of the range of the Anthem system in terms of a ruler or scale. You can have about 8 inches of range, but that range cannot be separated. So you can have inches 1-8 or 4-12 or 2-10 or any in between, but cannot set up 1-4 and 8-12.

Emerald X20 Artisan w/Anthem
83 Martin D 18
Washburn Augusta
Yamaha 12 string
Old 02-25-2018, 02:49 PM

Surely Emerald will install any of K&K's too.
http://kksound.com/products/purepickup.php
Of the K&K mini, classic and 12 string which do you think would be largest sensors that would fit in the x20?

I think all the Baggs use a battery. I have put the K&K mini in a couple of other guitars just because they don't have an internal battery. Maybe I should just stick with them.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Surely Emerald will install any of K&K's too.
http://kksound.com/products/purepickup.php
Of the K&K mini, classic and 12 string which do you think would be largest sensors that would fit in the x20?

I think all the Baggs use a battery. I have put the K&K mini in a couple of other guitars just because they don't have an internal battery. Maybe I should just stick with them.
The battery is a piece of cake to change out in the X20. I have the LR Baggs Element in mine, and appreciate having volume and tone control right on the guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber