The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-23-2018, 07:49 PM

Default Phoenix Thingy

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-23-2018, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

Very distinguished, good-looking crew. Hope you had a blast getting together for Carbon Fest I!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:20 PM

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 PM

Old 02-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Just wonderful. What fun! I hope you all will be posting your impressions of guitars you’ve now had the chance to try.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Also interested to see comparison. How did the cargo and touring sound to yalls ears? Those are still my personal favorite carbon fiber guitars as to my ears sound most 'traditional'.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 PM

Yes impressions please... I'm trying to choose between two that are pictured
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

Our thanks to Kramster for hosting this gathering! We had a lot of fun, getting to meet folks and playing a bunch of different carbon fiber guitars.

I have to say: for quite a while, I've seen Kramster write "I think I have one of those around here somewhere..." and thought he was kidding. He wasn't! The man has a LOT of carbon fiber guitars, from most of the manufacturers. Add to that the guitars (and a couple ukuleles) that the rest of us brought, and there was no shortage of fun stuff to play.

Likewise, it was interesting to hear someone else play your guitars. There were 2 X7s there, each strung with different strings. Same with the RainSong Shorty/CH-OM: at least 3, and again all different due to string choices.

A particular treat for me was the opportunity to play the Blackbird Savoy and Lucky 13, the Journey OF660, and Kramster's Emerald X10 woody - a nice size between the X7 and the X20...

Not sure why I wasn't smiling in that photo, because I was sure having fun!

Options...

Some fun playing...

Thanks again to Earl, for suggesting this get-together and staying on it; and to Kramster for making his home and collection available. I can comfortably say, a good time was had by all!

Coming away from all those options, I am happy to say I am delighted with the guitars I have. Sure fun to play all those others, though.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Our thanks to Kramster for hosting this gathering! We had a lot of fun, getting to meet folks and playing a bunch of different carbon fiber guitars.

<snip>

Not sure why I wasn't smiling in that photo, because I was sure having fun!

<snip>
Even from afar, I want to thank Earl for his tenacity in pulling this together, and Mark for hosting. Hats off to you all.

Jim...I suspect that you have that expression on your face because you were strung-out! Too many choices, too many tones, too many opinions. Oh, the insanity!
Old 02-23-2018, 10:34 PM

All I can say is ... gosh that was fun!! ... great hearing and watching someone else play your guitars is always a treat ! I really liked have some cool flutes here as well as they sounded great.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:40 PM

It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Kramster for hosting and Earl for coordinating everything.

Very impressed by the Savoy, I can definitely see what all of the fuss is about.

Playing the CH-PA and CH-OM reminded me how much I like Rainsong's new finish. I'll probably end up ordering a CH-PA at some point.

Also really liked Earl's custom X20-12 (24.6" scale length)
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I gotta say...it was especially nice to see Gumby make an appearance. He’s sooo inspiring!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Guest 928

This was a really sweet get-together, a nice crew of people and a nice collection of instruments.

This could also be a good model for other gatherings throughout the country. A few people within driving distance, someone with a hospitality gene, and there it is, another carbon fest.

Living vicariously through those of you who gathered has been a nice experience.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:43 AM

Very neat! So when is the live DVD coming out and how do I order one?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitararmy View Post
Very neat! So when is the live DVD coming out and how do I order one?
Be watching for the Kramster Productions: Carbon Fiber Players Gone Wild! $29.95, you must be 18 or older to view, some material may not be suitable for minors, not recommended for wood cork-sniffers. Please do not view if you are offended by guitar euphoria. This subject material may cause shortness of breath for those who suffer from GAS or other guitar-purchase related malaise.

Nothing your doctor can do, so no need to ask if carbon fiber guitars might be right for you.* For additional information, call 1-800-INeedCF. We are here for you - want to get together and jam?

* Yes, they are.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber