The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-16-2018, 12:40 PM

Default Decided to keep the Savoy

I am very impressed with the sound from this little guitar. I put Cleartone PB lights on both the Savoy and the Lucky 13 and the Savoy is my choice sonically and because the smaller size will work better on my boat.

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-16-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed details
Old 02-16-2018, 08:38 PM

Nice price on your L13. It will probably go quickly. What year did you get it?

I thought about a Savoy, but I am sticking with my Lucky for now.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 02-16-2018, 09:17 PM

I bought it last year but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t played before I got it because the person I bought it from (eBay) bought 2 L13s with a stolen credit card. Once Joe let me know about this, I got my credit card company to do a charge back and was able to send the money to Joe.

It was a very tough decision choosing the Savoy over the L13 and I’m still not sure it’s the right choice, though I do think the sound of the Savoy is fuller and I like the cutout. Also, a major use is on my small 23-foot sailboat which I pretty much live on in the summers so space is at a premium.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:38 PM

I have an X20 and a Lucky. I am thinking about getting another CF, but I am having trouble rationalizing it. Both of these are great (but completely) different guitars. I like the slightly jangly sound of my Lucky and I fall in love with my X20 all over again every time I pick it up. I am still thinking about getting a guitar that is easier to take with me wherever I go and both the Lucky and X20 are a bit bigger than I want to carry though with their soft cases they are a lot easier to haul around than any wood guitar I have/had with its hard case.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 02-17-2018, 03:17 AM

The Savoy isn’t that much smaller than the Lucky 13 where I’m not sure you would really notice the difference when traveling. The Rider plays and sounds amazing for its size and weight if you’re looking for a travel guitar. I honestly seldom play it so I should sell it but when I do play it I always think this guitar stays.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
I have an X20 and a Lucky. I am thinking about getting another CF, but I am having trouble rationalizing it. Both of these are great (but completely) different guitars. I like the slightly jangly sound of my Lucky and I fall in love with my X20 all over again every time I pick it up. I am still thinking about getting a guitar that is easier to take with me wherever I go and both the Lucky and X20 are a bit bigger than I want to carry though with their soft cases they are a lot easier to haul around than any wood guitar I have/had with its hard case.
Hi Tom,
Sounds like you are describing why you need an X7. My X20 could so easily be "the one and only." I like everything about that guitar. But, the X7 just feels so intimate; it has a lovely balanced tone. Probably the reason that one is with us in the motorhome right now... it is just so easy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber