The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Default Journey of660 vs rt660

I was checking the specs of these two and notice that they were very close to each other, with the RoadTrip model being slightly bigger. For people who have played the collapsible and the RT model, is there a noticeable playing difference between the two?
Old 02-09-2018, 02:38 PM

I’ve never seen either of ‘em in the flesh, but I’d take the trick one, just cuz it does the trick.

Carry that liittle briefcase to the open mic, chicken out, or get too drunk, never mind,,,, nobody notices you brought yer guitar with you...

Future classic collectable too , probably.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:33 PM

Word is the fold up one is a lil heavier because of all the metal needed in the put together part. Both play very nicely and sound darn good as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 PM

These have identical scales, nut width, and bridge spacing. Both have dual action truss rods and can be fine tuned like a standard wood acoustic. Playability is the same. Both are incredibly comfortable to hold - your other guitars will feel uncomfortable if you play these for an extended period. The main difference is the bass and overall volume on the RT660 is a little stronger. Both really do sound amazing for their size. I'd make the deciding factor your travel habits. If you frequently travel by air, go with the OF660. If you just want a durable full sounding compact carbon guitar - go for the RT660.
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber