The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-22-2018, 06:00 PM

Default D'Addario Customer Service - Wow! Read This!

So I have a D'Addario/Planet Waves 2-way humidification system.

I notice that mine has the older design sound-hole pouch with a plastic clip.

I emailed them and asked to purchase one of the newer design 'saddle-bag' type pouches.

'We'll send you one for free' was their reply.

'I live in Australia so if postage costs are prohibitive I understand' I responded.

This is their reply today;

It’s fine.

Too many things in life revolve around money and cost and such.

This is about doing the right thing and standing behind our products and the people who use them even more so.

Expect them soon.

Wow!!

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 01-22-2018, 06:14 PM

I have had excellent CS experience with them as well, especially in the strings department.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

D'Addario is a class act.

Their customer service goes above and beyond our sadly deflated expectations these days. Over the years, I've had a very few issues - with strings (packaging errors), a cable malfunction (broken switch), and a tuner that ate batteries.

All were cheerfully and quickly resolved. That makes it very easy to continue doing business with them.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

I've also had great experiences with them. I contacted them regarding an issue I was having with an abnormally high rate of broken strings from a 10 pack I purchased and after a few friendly conversations they decided to send me a new 10 pack to try. I'm a happy customer.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 01-22-2018, 07:56 PM
AGF Administrator

They did a similar thing for me in regards to the Humidipak pouches. I emailed them and asked them if I could somehow purchase one of the older ones from a few years ago. The rep said that he had one in his office that he could mail to me for free.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

They just won me as a customer. Pure Class. Glad to see there’s a little left.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

I thought saddle bags were the original design and then they changed to something terrible. Are they back to saddlebags now and you bought during the bad period?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

I have been using D'Addario strings since '79. A great company and US made strings. I don't plan on changing anytime soon.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcran View Post
I thought saddle bags were the original design and then they changed to something terrible. Are they back to saddlebags now and you bought during the bad period?
You might be right.
I was just thinking the twin pouches might be a little easier to feed between the strings than the fatter 2-bag pouch system - also there's no hard plastic parts sitting atop your guitar.

I've had excellent service from USA based companies and D'Addario are certainly no exception.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM

Yes, I only use the Boveda made products but it's the same thing. Love those saddle bags and they have been in my guitars for more than two years now. I do own some of the older saddle bags by D'Addario but they don't have plastic on them.
#1 class act indeed! This is why I proudly wear their t-shirts. Don't know of another string company that treats their customers like the D does. Well done again D'Addario!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM

They helped me out too, when they did away with the player points on the packages. I didn't know they had phased it out until I got new pack of strings and it had no points. I found out they phased it out and no longer were accepting them. I contacted them about it because I have about 10 years worth saved and couldn't redeem them. But the gal I was emailing with got it cleared for me to trade them in even though I missed the dead line my a couple months.

Anytime I have had a question about a product, they answered my email quickly. And I've never really had any issues with anything. I love their products and the Planet Waves stuff too.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Really good to hear they are so nice. I had no idea. Good to know. I have enjoyed Planet Wave products for years. Their acoustic strings I haven't bonded with but they have good electric strings.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 PM

I still cash my player points in all the time, just did some more right before New Years.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
Charter Member

Bravo D'Addario. They get it. Clearly they sound like a company who understands the importance in retaining good customers in a very competitive marketplace.

Years ago when I worked in a direct marketing company the CEO constantly drilled into everyone's heads that it is 10 times harder to acquire a new good customer than it is to retain one, so do everything in your power to retain your customers.

Over the years I've heard the same thing from other very successful sales people and execs who see themselves first and foremost as customer advocates.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looburst View Post
I still cash my player points in all the time, just did some more right before New Years.

They do it online now. The codes. I'm talking about the little points you had to collect off the package itself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion