The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Default Gig Bag Suggestions for Rainsong

Thinking of stocking gig bags as an option for our Rainsong customers so I'm wondering which ones forum members have experience with, and which ones you recommend.

Thanks n advance.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:51 PM

Mono Cases are by far my favorite
Old 02-12-2017, 01:24 PM

I love the Access Stage 1 small body bag for my Shorty. I added their neck support for a few more dollars, it's lightweight, very protective, durable, and comfortable to carry. Affordable too.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Like Penny, I have the Access Stage 1 with an added neck support for the Shorty. It is a perfect fit. I was looking for something close to the GSmini gig bag... my take on it is the Access Stage 1 is perhaps a bit less supportive than the GSmini bag (Access originally made that bag for Taylor). The Stage 3 bag would be a bit more substance than the Stage 1 (and heavier) - another option.

The Access bag (and the gear bag they made for Taylor) has traveled with us for thousands of miles - still in great shape, still doing their job.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:12 PM

Hi Ted,
Please stock a gig bag that works for the Rainsong Parlor. I have two that need a soft home.
Barb
Old 02-12-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Thinking of stocking gig bags as an option for our Rainsong customers
Personally, I would never EVER want to put an expensive guitar in a gig bag. EVER. One of the main reasons I buy a CF is to travel with it and that means a HARD Case. CF is tough, but not so tough I trust it to the baggage munchers in a gig bag.

Of course, since you ask, that mean other people disagree with me.

Boulder Alpine makes a nice gig bag, and they are available in light tan, which IMHO is far preferable to the traditional black.

Their size 0 is a perfect fit for a P14 parlor, though a little long in the headstock area for a P-12. I have one for my Larrivee Parlor. Their 00/Dobro fits the Shorty well, since the shorty is a bit thinner than a traditional OM.

Not sure about the larger sizes.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Access works well for me
Old 02-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Thinking of stocking gig bags as an option for our Rainsong customers so I'm wondering which ones forum members have experience with, and which ones you recommend.

Thanks n advance.
Ted, I bought a RainSong Gig Bag from RainSong, through my dealer, and it was around $65, with a list of $99, back in 2009. I haven't seen these advertised on the RainSong website for several years but maybe they still have them? I'd contact RainSong, and with your dealer pull, maybe they'll bring them back again? As you're likely already aware, they're really decent quality with the embroidered RainSong logo on the front pocket. They're specifically made for the WS1000 shape but will fit up to a DR1000 Dreadnought shape too (I know because I tried my long-gone DR1000 and CO-DR1000N2 in it). Obviously, they'll also fit the OM models. Aside from the RainSong Gig Bag, there are quite a few other good ones out there but you'll just have to be sure they'll fit the various RainSong models. I still have my RainSong Gig Bag and sometimes use it when hiking as it has back-pack straps and enables easy transportation of the guitar.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 02-12-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

I'm very happy with the Alpine Boulder for my RS parlor. Fits well, pockets are great, comfortable to wear, and it looks good!
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke
Old 02-12-2017, 03:51 PM

I have both an Access Stage 1 and a Mono Acoustic Sleeve for my H-DR1100N2. Unless you are going to be able to delete the case and apply that towards the gig bag, then I would suggest the Access Stage 1 and 2 products as they are great values, well made, come in a fairly wide variety of sizes, and are not carried by that giant Internet store.

If you are going to be able to delete the hard case, then I second Mono products as just plain superb. The Acoustic Sleeve deletes the rubber boot of the M80 and has the Vertigo top load design. It would be a great choice for the DR and WS. There is now an M80 parlor which I'm sure is way more expensive than the hard case RainSong ships.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-13-2017, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the responses, folks.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:17 PM

I am using the Gator bag for classical fits my Shorty perfect, a little more speedy than some but on sale it was 79 dollars, but padded to the max, good zippers and outside compartment. sure better than the hard case which I just put in the attic for long term storage never use it...
Old 02-13-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
I am using the Gator bag for classical fits my Shorty perfect, a little more speedy than some but on sale it was 79 dollars, but padded to the max, good zippers and outside compartment. sure better than the hard case which I just put in the attic for long term storage never use it...
I don't want to risk a gigbag for my APLE, but I have it in a Gator "GL-Classic," a REALLY lightweight hard case and quite inexpensive.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16117-316/gl-classic

It's a nice snug fit for the 12-fret "Shorty" instruments. If yours has a "barn door," you may want to take big pliers and squash down the foam in the case where it argues with the control knobs. I did.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I have both an Access Stage 1 and a Mono Acoustic Sleeve for my H-DR1100N2. Unless you are going to be able to delete the case and apply that towards the gig bag, then I would suggest the Access Stage 1 and 2 products as they are great values, well made, come in a fairly wide variety of sizes, and are not carried by that giant Internet store.

If you are going to be able to delete the hard case, then I second Mono products as just plain superb. The Acoustic Sleeve deletes the rubber boot of the M80 and has the Vertigo top load design. It would be a great choice for the DR and WS. There is now an M80 parlor which I'm sure is way more expensive than the hard case RainSong ships.
Ooops. What I have is an Access Upstart as a light and compact bag for my dreadnought. The Stage 1 looks similar in bulk to my Mono Sleeve, but is way less expensive.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-13-2017, 07:18 PM

I like the Rainsong gig bag that came with the Advanced Series. Donated the guitar, still have the gig bag. It's a black tweed with a Rainsong logo and a big front pocket, nicely padded.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber