The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Default New Rainsong Dealer in Colorado !

I've been dragging my feet about buying a Rainsong cause I haven't been able to play one. I was pleased to find out today that Tejon Street Music in Colorado Springs is now a Rainsong Dealer with Rainsong guitars in stock!

No affiliation, just a happy customer.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 PM

So did you try any?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

I did get to try an OM1000 and a H-WS1000. I really liked the OM1000 a lot, it surprised me how good they are now. I owned one about 8 years ago and it wasn't any where near as good as the new one. I see one in my future, but I have to try a Shorty before I decide. Do the Shorty's sound much different than the OM1000 ?

The original plan was to order from Ted, but I have to support the local dealer.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 AM

John, that's good news that we have another dealer in the CO area- although quite a bit South for me. I've played the CO-WS1000 tobacco burst along side of a Shorty but can't say much about the OM1000.

I would think you would find the Shorty to be a bit more focused in the bass and punchier than the OM by just a little bit. You may also find the Shorty to be slighter "warmer" (such a subjective term) due to the way the guitars are built out- of course that assumes that you are talking about the OM1000 from the Classic series and not the CO-OM1000. The OM1000 is a slightly thicker top with a carbon weave and the Shorty a thinner top with a unidirectional top. The OM1000 has a back and sides of pure graphite whereas the Shorty is carbon/glass mix for a mellower tone.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Me

John - Did you buy a Rainsong? I was in Tejon Street Music and played a Rainsong OM that I loved. It makes good sense to own a CF guitar here, especially if you don't want to watch the humidity.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:59 PM

see if they have a WS1000 with N1 neck and if not, if they can acquire one (new or used). This model has the thinner profile N1 neck. Also, IMO WS3000 is easiest playing 12 string ever made (also N1 neck, possibly modified internally?) but rather difficult to find one, even used. And to think, no more Oasis humidifiers
Old 05-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

It's best to give Sean a call Tomana, he will help you. I bought a Rainsong Shorty FT. I like it a lot and can leave it out with no worries. If I have a choice, I prefer the tone of my 000-15sm a bit more, but their voices are so different that I'm pretty sure I need both. The 12 fret Shorty is addicting, easy to play, loud and sounds good! After playing any Rainsong for a period of time, wood guitars will sound a bit dull and lifeless when you switch back. At least until your ears adjust.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber