The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up Roadtrip Rainsong WS1000N2 hybrid short report

Hey folks

I've been fortunate to be included in Michael Stones(MacNichol.com) roadtrip of the WS1000N2 hybrid. For those not in the know, this is kinda of a GA type size guitar, carbon with some type of fiberglass combo(not like an Ovation). Below is the short statement i made on the carbon forum:

http://macnichol.com/forum-post/2619
I'm at or near the bottom of page 5.

Folks, i would have never in a million years thought i would have liked a carbon guitar-me being a very organic type person. I tell you though, this instrument is top shelf-not heavy, build quality tops, sounds and plays like a $3000 Taylor or Martin. I put some DR Sunbeams on it and it has all kinds of sustain. Absolutely wonderful in dropped tunings. These things are unreal for what dealers are charging for them. After a minute or two the thought of what it was made of never occurred to me any longer. I was having a great time at 3am this morning after putting the DR's on, it was one of those late late nite fun things where you are all alone being quite and you get to experience all these beautiful notes coming out of an instrument.

With the advent of an adjustable truss rod, Rainsong has taken the step forward to giving us a top shelf instrument that can take on all kinds of weather and still play and sound very nice.

I'm very interested in the OM1000N2, i think its the same size body just less deep.

The WS1000N2, a very balanced, very nice built high quality musical instrument that i suppose can withstand a lot of abuse. I love a black guitar BTW.

You all need to check these out, i doubt disappointment.

daryl
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM

Thanks for that report daryl! I too have been impressed with these -- I used to work at a store that sold them. I thought briefly of buying one but if I did, it wouldn't replace the Taylors I love. It would have to supplement them...

So, right after I win the lottery...
Taylor GA8 Sitka/EIR
Reverend '21 Charger 290
Gibson '03 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash
Fender '94 American Std Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Baritone Telecaster

Many are gone but not forgotten...some are just forgotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber