The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Default GrooveMonkey MIDI Beats Review

Guys,

Last night I downloaded GrooveMonke's Rock Combo Pack (Rock 1, 2, and 3) and I am very happy with it. I thought I would write a short review to share with you guys the experience.

This review probably applies to anyone that does home recording with either of the following: Addictive Drums, Cakewalk's Session Drummer, Reason, or EZDrummer.

Here we go:
Ease of Use
- The loops are organized in such a way that choosing the right one is a breeze. For example in Addictive Drums, which is what I use, you can type in the style and it will automatically filter the grooves into the style that you want, like "rock", "classic", or "ballad"
- It's a simple drag and drop into the DAW. I use ProTools LE8.0.1

Performance
- Here is where I am struggling a little bit but it's mainly because of Addictive Drums compatibility with ProTools rather than the MIDI files. Therefore, Performance does not apply.

Versatility
- I bought the Rock pack that contains the 1, 2, and 3 for $62. You have everything you need to inspire you from a slow ballad with kick, rim, hi-hat to heavy metal double base open hi-hats and rides everywhere.
- Rock 2 and Soft Rock 3 have 10 songs with many variations that give you flexibility, specially on the acoustic stuff.

I think that the biggest value that these provide is INSPIRATION. I hated composing with only a standard beat. Now I can't wait to get home and playing.

I would rate 9/10. 10/10 only if they add more rhythms
Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 AM

Old thread. But thanks for the review. I'm looking for Rockabilly & Country beats beat for my next project.

These aren't mapped for GM are they? If so, I'll buy one of their sets.

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Last edited by louparte; 07-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD