The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 AM

Default New Cervantes Hauser PE

I bought a Cervantes nylon-string a few weeks ago from playataylor on the forum. Original thread with pictures here. I'm really enjoying it - it's nice to have a guitar that sounds drastically different. I was thinking I'd get a 12-string but then I saw this for sale and changed my mind. I'm also finding that having a nice nylon-string is really improving my steel-string playing - it's making me play more accurately because any wrong notes are very clear on the classical.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has a Cervantes, and what are your experiences with it? I know the luthier is from Paracho, but I couldn't find too much information on materials, etc. Just curious to find out a little more about my new guitar.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Cervantes Guitars

Alejandro Cervantes grew up in Santa Cruz CA. His Father was Luthier before him in Paracho Mexico. Cervantes has workshops in San Diego, CA, Paracho Mex and a finishing room just across the border from San Diego. His 'Signiture Master' guitars are entirely hand built by Cervantes in San Diego. His guitars are bright and powerful. His finish and craftmanship is far above other guitars in his price range.
His guitars are well respected and sold through many fine shops throughout the U.S.A. and Canada.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:38 AM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

Deleted post. Didn't see first one!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,
Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Eric Skye

You're lucky I didn't see that post in AGF Classifieds first! Man, I gotta remember to check down there more often. Looks a great guitar at a great price

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion