The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsunburst59 View Post
I have a son who's 28 and is an amazing guitar player and singer.
That is one very talented son you got there. Congrats, Dad.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:49 AM

My 26 year old daughter is musically gifted. She is self-taught on guitar and piano and took lessons on sax. She has more talent in her pinky finger than I have in total. When I pass from this life she will definitely inherit all my guitars which stands at 5 right now. Although technically, the electric guitar I have is hers as she left it behind when she moved in with her now fiance. What she does with them then, is up to her. No doubt she will hold on to my Martin D28 and pass that on to the next generation.

Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Old 05-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

My four kids all love music, and have always enjoyed and encouraged my playing (drums, harmonica, and guitar) and singing. Both their moms also play guitar and sing. Out of the four, my eldest is an accomplished tabla player (as a young adult studied locally and in India). I bought him an electric guitar for Christmas at age 10, but he didn’t learn to play and sold it. My youngest is a music major at UCSD. He was fascinated with guitars from an early age, and could play a harmonica before his 2nd birthday. His pediatrician didn’t believe it, until he saw and heard it for himself. We got him his first guitar (electric) at age 10, and he started lessons. In 7th grade, his school brought in a guitar teacher. After the first lesson he came home and showed me how his teacher taught him to play the Jason Mraz “I’m Yours” song with barre chords, flawlessly, much to my surprise. He soon left me in the dust, and I bought a digital drum set so we could jam together. He took full advantage of all my musical equipment, and is an amazingly talented guitarist, composer, and performer.
At family gatherings we all play and sing, and I have high hopes that the grandkids will continue the tradition. I’m getting a ukulele for the three year old one who lives near me, and the next time I visit the two older ones I plan to get them a drum set. IMO it’s so important to have instruments available, and encourage and support any interest.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion