The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-08-2023, 08:18 AM

Default Enya X4 Pro - very low effects volume

I just unboxed my new Enya X4 Pro. I'm really happy with it, but I do have a concern...

The effects amp is barely noticible when I'm not connected to an amp. For example, I can turn it on, play a single note, and hear reverb, but its so faint. When I plug into an amp, those effects are VERY obvious.

Anyone else with an Enya experience this? I guess I was execting to sit and play without an amp, and hear the effects enhance the sound.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdg View Post
I just unboxed my new Enya X4 Pro. I'm really happy with it, but I do have a concern...

The effects amp is barely noticible when I'm not connected to an amp. For example, I can turn it on, play a single note, and hear reverb, but its so faint. When I plug into an amp, those effects are VERY obvious.

Anyone else with an Enya experience this? I guess I was execting to sit and play without an amp, and hear the effects enhance the sound.
I just got a new Enya X4 Pro and have noticed something similar with the room reverb and delay. Both of those effects seem quite faint to me when I am playing unplugged. On the other hand, the hall reverb and chorus are more evident when I play unplugged. I believe at least one video reviewer pointed this out in his review from a year or two ago. I think this is something that Enya will need to improve with the actuator in future iterations of the guitar.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjames1973 View Post
I just got a new Enya X4 Pro and have noticed something similar with the room reverb and delay. Both of those effects seem quite faint to me when I am playing unplugged. On the other hand, the hall reverb and chorus are more evident when I play unplugged. I believe at least one video reviewer pointed this out in his review from a year or two ago. I think this is something that Enya will need to improve with the actuator in future iterations of the guitar.
You must have the battery charged up to have the effects acoustically usable for a few hours. Even after you can't hear the effects acoustically, they'll still work well electronically (plugging in turns off the acoustic-effects actuator) for several more hours when plugged into an amp or speaker. I hope this helps.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 05-09-2023 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

The effects are very noticeable on my Enya X4 unplugged particularly when you turn the volume setting up a bunch.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber