The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 04-25-2023, 10:59 AM

Default Bert Jansch Interview

Not sure if this has been posted before, possibly the last interview Bert gave, as a bonus his guitar sounds great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs-WlU2CwnI
Old 04-25-2023, 11:44 AM

Thanks very much for that link.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:30 AM

I was in London earlier this month, and sought out an old cemetery to visit which I usually do in places like that. Went to Highgate Cemetery, and the first headstone I noticed, just inside an entrance, was that of Bert Jansch and his wife Loren(nee Auerbach). Curiously, they died within about four months of each other, although she was 20 years younger, and only about 47 years of age. Other than Karl Marx, whose grave is about 100 yards down the lane, I didn't expect to see many names I recognized.

The headstone was unique, and I only noticed its unusual design as I looked at it again on the way out. Of course, I have pictures but haven't yet uploaded them to the computer yet. When I do I'll try to post one.

Actually, I have on picture on my phone which I could post now, If someone could guide me to instructions on posting from a phone, if it's even possible. I can email it to myself to get it into the computer if that would help.

Just playing for my own amazement

Martin 000-15sm
Eastman E10SS
RainSong SMH
Blueridge BR-142
The Loar LH-250
Recording King RPS-9 (for slide)
Kentucky KM-250 Mandolin
A Strat and a Tele
Les Paul and Jazzmaster copies

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN