The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
You've stated your case, and called me obtuse multiple times. Acknowledged. Please stop responding now, your input is unhelpful, accusatory and offensive.
That's what the ignore function is for. Feel free.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Wow, just checked back into this thread to see how things were progressing, but I think I will just grab my parachute and flame retardant suit and bail out again...
▌····║··(░)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████··
▐·······▄▄··▄▌··········ΦΦΦ···
·▀▀▄▄▄▀▀··▀▀··················
······························

» My name is Devan
» Guitar and Personal Blog.
» Guitar and Gear Review Site.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
A Taylor has always been my grail guitar
Quote:
I promise to still love Taylor if the next one is good!
Quote:
I'm not giving up. I CAN'T, because I've played a LOT of Taylors that blew me away. They've always been my favorite
Quote:
pretty much every Taylor I've ever played has pretty much blown me away with how awesome they were.
Quote:
I'm boycotting your inferior brand. Eff Taylor, in their stupid buttocks. Goodbye, forever.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
Sorry, man, but refusing to contact the manufacturer because you aren't their QC dept? I would have called Taylor as soon as I saw that guitar. It wouldn't matter if I wanted to keep it or planned on getting a refund. I'd want the story on this one.
As for taking things personally....maybe you should re-read the thread. It's a guitar, man. You're going on like Taylor stole your first born. Lol....

Oh, and your "girlfriend/guitar" analogy isn't in the same ballpark, IMO. Not even the same sport.
Yeah, I get that the majority would volunteer to invest their valuable time to work for free for the company that did you wrong. I'm not of the majority, but that doesn't make me a bad person. I didn't try to sell anyone a worthless guitar for over a thousand dollars, yet they're the good guys. Preposterous.

While you consider girlfriends and guitars different sports, I don't. That's the beauty of life; we're all different.

I gave them two chances, which is more than I'd give a girlfriend. The beauty of living in a free country, is that we have choices. We can choose to leave the situation, if we feel like it isn't worth out time. A girl that cheats me isn't worth my time, and I don't need to call her and tell her I'm disappointed, she should know better. A guitar builder of 25 years or whatever should know better too, but it's really none of my concern after I received my full refund.

I DON'T WORK FOR THEM. I AM NOT THEIR FREE QUALITY CONTROL LABORER.

I GAINED knowledge of their incompetency. They LOST a gassing customer. The End.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM

This whole thread has to be a joke or some type of Grad student's psychology experiment to get his thesis???

Can't be real!

No one in real life does this..... Okay we give....How did the forum score?
2007 GA8e Taylor
2005 ESM-10e Fender Ensenada
2005 850t Carvin Cobalt
Lots and Lots and Lots of Solid body Electrics
Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Voltaire View Post
To tell ya the truth, I think all these fanbois bashing my way of handling MY money was a huge part of it.

People coming at me in droves, telling me to do things their way, defending Taylor had a hand in escalating my disdain.

Taylor's fans really made me not want to be a part of their elite club. Wow.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:12 PM

Hoping for a 'perfect karma' situation, in which:

* The OP returns his guitar to ZZsounds
* ZZsounds then sells the guitar to another unsuspecting customer (lets call him Bob)
* Bob contacts Taylor support to ask "What is up with this guitar ??"
* Taylor customer services send Bob a brand new 3xx model with 12 packs of strings free of charge as an apology and an effort to compensate him.
▌····║··(░)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████··
▐·······▄▄··▄▌··········ΦΦΦ···
·▀▀▄▄▄▀▀··▀▀··················
······························

» My name is Devan
» Guitar and Personal Blog.
» Guitar and Gear Review Site.

Last edited by Glennwillow; 09-08-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: language
Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
It's Taylor's responsibility to not let it happen in the first place. I'm not on their salary to do that job.

I TRY to buy a guitar, and all of sudden I'm faced with new moral responsibilities? I don't think so. Ethical? They weren't ethical in letting it end up in my hands and I don't owe them anything for the drama they brought upon me.

This could happen to anyone who buys a Taylor, so Caveat Emptor.

Again, I'm not their quality control inspector. I don't work for them. I look out for me, not the incompetent builder who fails at their job. Let them work it out. I washed my hands of this piece of junk and got all my money back. It was THEIR mistake, not mine, yet somehow I'm the one getting blamed. What a crock.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremca View Post
I think the forum knew your stance on post 91 when you stated the guitar was sent back to zzounds. Then a few posts later you posted a longer diatribe against Taylor and added a link on the signature to this thread. We got it up to post 91, but now it comes across your trying to keep the fire going with a brand bash, which of course is now taken the thread in a new direction. Folks were with you until then.
You have a very valid point. I have to agree with you. That's how it happened though. You're right. I guess I deserve the hatred I've invited, but I still stand by my right to hold a negative opinion.

Xtremca, thank you for your contribution to this thread. Finally a response that explains your point of view, in a respectful manner. I really appreciate that right now. It's over, as far as I'm concerned. I got my money back on post 91. That's when my part ended. I won't try to stand against the masses now, I know I'm outnumbered. Good day.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
To tell ya the truth, I think all these fanbois bashing my way of handling MY money was a huge part of it.

People coming at me in droves, telling me to do things their way, defending Taylor had a hand in escalating my disdain.

Well, as my father used to say, if you want to know what you want, take a look at what you've got.

I think this thread went exactly where you steered it from post #1:

Quote:
I'm imagining I'll get flamed for complaining about my experience here, but I just had to post my experience.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:

I don't own a Taylor, but I didn't really think the fans were too bad in this thread. I think they genuinely had never seen anything like this, and thought you were handling it in an odd way.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Way out of control.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
buzzing, cheap, mim, quality, taylor