The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Guest 928

Brain;

I can hardly believe such a good deal! I owned an Ox and found that it could plow just about any musical field you wanted. I sold the guitar to a friend who quit his Martin for the Ox and traveled around the country to music festivals. He ultimately gave the guitar to his son, a musical prodigy, who still has the guitar. I think you got a great deal and great guitar. Enjoy.

By the way, when you get the beast, please report back. Also, strings make a big difference on CF guitars and you might want to search this forum for any discussion regarding the best strings for the guitar.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
I’ve not been as big of a fan of CAs as some of the other brands, but they’re fine guitars.

And if this is the same model you bought... what a steal!

https://reverb.com/p/composite-acous...&hfid=11082109
I think it is the same guitar but I bought this one sight unseen. The one you linked to has an active p/u but the one I bought seems to have a passive p/u.
Now I have to start selling guitars, PA equipment, photography and video gear, guns, etc. That is not a plug....I need to sell around Atlanta.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Congrats ! You should love it. If not...let us know.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:18 PM

Welome to Club OX...you are now Oxified. My OX was my first ever YouTube Thingy subject.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 04-14-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-14-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindead View Post
I think it is the same guitar but I bought this one sight unseen. The one you linked to has an active p/u but the one I bought seems to have a passive p/u.
Now I have to start selling guitars, PA equipment, photography and video gear, guns, etc. That is not a plug....I need to sell around Atlanta.
Wow, I thought someone local would stop by to purchase the OX. But you're having it sent to you in Atlanta, sight unseen? Be sure to let us know how things turn out. And while you're waiting for the shipment, get a new set of strings, and don't form an opinion till you've changed them.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
Wow, I thought someone local would stop by to purchase the OX. But you're having it sent to you in Atlanta, sight unseen? Be sure to let us know how things turn out. And while you're waiting for the shipment, get a new set of strings, and don't form an opinion till you've changed them.

So even the Braindead have to change strings...I better get on that as well.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-14-2018, 05:41 PM

My lil OX...when was just a new little baby

And in the middle of my early CA herd ⬇️

Old 04-14-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindead View Post

That’s a steal, man. Congrats.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM

Talking

So, when may I expect my finders fee?
Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
So even the Braindead have to change strings...I better get on that as well.
Strings? Change the strings? Why? are the ones that the factory put on defective or somthin? Is there a filter too?
Old 04-15-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
So, when may I expect my finders fee?
Your finders fee will be applied to the new strings and filter. Funny, I thought all of the defective parts would be replaced under warranty!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber