The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Any other Langejans owners out there?

I'm new to the forum and looking for other Langejan enthusiasts to compare notes with...a place to start for me. Any other other owners out there? Anyone who just likes to talk about them? Just curious.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Former Langejans owner

I do not own a Langejans currently, but I have owned two in the past and Del is currently rebuilding an old 70's Vega acoustic that belonged to my father for me. I live less than a 30 minute drive from Del's shop so I get to go and check out his guitars regularly. He has a beautiful brazilian rosewood RGC-6 in his shop now but it's pretty pricey. Del builds really amazing guitars that have a really nice full dreadnought tone yet with a smaller body. Very nice guitars. I only sold my last Langejans to help pay for a custom Doerr guitar that Tom Doerr is building me and will have a custom inlay done by Kevin Gallagher from Omega Guitars.

Shalom!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM

Thumbs up

30 minutes from Del's shop...which way? I live about 1-1/2 hours from there in Battle Creek.

He built me a BR6 almost 2 years ago with custom inlay and the LR Baggs Duet II pickup system. I smile every time I strum a chord...I only wish I could play well enough to really make her shine.

I love his Grand Concert series...you are right that they sound amazingly big for a smaller guitar. I really opted for the dreadnaught because, at 6'3" and 250 lbs, a GC size just looked too much like a toy when I play.

I'm not familliar with Doerr. I'd like to see a pic when you get it. What are they like?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 PM

I was just up at Del's shop today, I went to pick up an old Vega acoustic that Del was fixing up for me... still had a bit of a buzz to it so he's going to tweak it a bit more. If you want to find out more info on Doerr guitars go to www.doerrguitars.com or email [email protected]. Tom is a really get guy to work with and he loves talking guitars.
Shalom!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Default 2004 Langejans RGC with Cedar Top

I have a 2004 Rosewood Grand Concert with Cedartop. I saved up quite a few years for it. It's a beautiful instrument and it's really hard to compare this to other mainstream guitar since it is customized with my own options.

I like how the small body size is easy to play yet have tons of sound. I have found D'Addario Coated Strings (EXP) to sound best on this guitar. I use TC Electronic Chorus and Boss Digital Reverb Pedals when I play live to add in a small bit of color. The other guitars that I often look at online are Olson's and McPheresons. I also went to Hope College in Holland, MI and currently live in the East Coast.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

I have a RGC-6 and its an amazing tone machine. Deep sustain and sweet overtones. Its a fingerstyle dream and I think Del has unlocked the secret by making a GC sized guitar with added depth. It feels right in the hands and rings out beautifully.

Mine has a Baggs imix which I think is one of the best systems around today. Funny you should mention the coated D'Addarios - I have those exact strings on it after trying DRs and Elixers and I think the D'Addarios are best for it.

best wishes

Steve
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Great guitars but the one I sold to a worship leader was the top 5 guitar I ever played. Regretted that sale but glad it is in good use. Just an amazing guitar - loud and had everything I look for in a guitar - depth, power, overtones, balance, articulation and a big voice.

PTL
Old 07-26-2017, 02:13 PM

Default Another Langejans owner out there?

Hey PTL:

Just wondering if I might have purchased the guitar you sold to the worship leader a few years ago. Was the church in the Kalamazoo area? I picked up a Langejans last week as a gift for my son and it has been "resident" at a church for several years according to the youth minister I met. He told me that the previous leader of the music program purchased it several years prior and made it available for anyone to play. It's well used but sounded good to my inexperienced ear!

Bob
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Edit: nm, necro thread.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

Edit: nm, necro thread.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion