The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-03-2018, 07:20 AM

Default Mixer w Mic into Guitar Amp effects loop?

This is for home / casual use only. If I had a guitar amp with a full range speaker (aka - Katana Artist) that has an effects loop, do you see anything that would prevent me from putting a small mixer in the loop with a mic connected to the mixer? I realize it may not be the best sound like a PA, but this should work right?
Old 10-03-2018, 07:24 AM

Yes, it should work fine, might have to tweek the output of the mixer to match what level the loop expects to see.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:43 PM

You might consider using an adaptor and going from the mixer into the aux input instead. That input enters the signal chain after the amp's effects unit, allowing you to use the effects on your mixer (assuming it has effects) on just your voice instead of the same effects applied by the amp to your guitar. If you're just using a little reverb, using the same for both will probably be OK, but if you want to start using any of the other guitar effects offered by that amp, I think you'll find you don't want your voice processed through them too!

Louis
Old 10-05-2018, 02:20 PM

Good idea Louis!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification