The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Default Fender Champ 600 to drive a Roland JC 77?

I recently acquired a Roland JC 77 amp and love it's lush chorus. It does have a couple of issues (non-chorus setting sounds very thin with the volume at about 10% of the chorus, and the reverb doesn't work). I was wondering what I could do to have my Fender Champ 600 or even my Vibro Champ drive the twin 10" speakers (or perhaps one of them). The Roland does not have an effects loop. I was thinking that the only way without substantial modification would be to simply plug in the speaker with of the champ to one of the (disconnected) 10" speakers on the Roland. But I am not sure about electrical specs (wattage, resistance, etc.)

Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:06 PM

Default Simple fix found...

...the 6" speaker on the Champ plugs into the chassis via a standard guitar jack. Simply unplug that, run a guitar cable from that jack to the input of the Roland, and voila - Champ tones from a 2 X 10"!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification