The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-13-2001, 04:50 PM

Unhappy neck re-set

Has anybody had a neck re-set on an NT neck yet? (try saying that three times) I've had my 2001 614CE for a little over a month now and although I love the tone, my 814 seemed to have better action. I thought it might be because I use custom lights on the 814. But when I changed the 614 to custom lights, the difference became quite noticeable. I took it to the tech at my dealer to make sure I had the truss-rod adjusted properly. After tweaking it slightly, the action was still high and sighting down the neck, we could see that the neck was not properly aligned in relation to the bridge. The guitar is kept in a 50-60% humidity, and it showed no sign of swelling. So it goes back to the mothership. The dealer says that's a good thing 'cause guitars usually come back from Taylor better than new. I hope so.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:35 PM

I've had them done on two of mine ... came back perfect. These guitars were not abused ... I can only think they came to me with lights (a dreadnaught and a jumbo) and when I put mediums on it, something happened (they were perfect right before the string change).
Old 09-13-2001, 08:51 PM

Thumbs up

I've got a 310ce that I bought new and sent back to Taylor for a neck alignment. Mine came back with better action due to the alignment and also a bone saddle installed. The turn around time was very quick.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion