The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Nice work Glenn, very nice recording.
I listen to very little sung music but here it's very good, I appreciate ......

https://remylefer.bandcamp.com/follow_me

https://open.spotify.com/album/6trcd...qGm8CDlKj8yFiQ

Old 02-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rémy64 View Post
Nice work Glenn, very nice recording.
I listen to very little sung music but here it's very good, I appreciate ......
Thank you Rémy!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to music out of the norm for you. I appreciate it and I appreciate your taking time to comment and provide support to a fellow musician.

I hope all is well for you! I am glad to see from your videos that you continue to challenge yourself to learn new music weekly. That is a wonderful achievement!

Be well!

- Glenn
Old 02-05-2021, 09:01 PM

Hi Glenn,

Great job as always. Also, as always, I watched before I even read your intro note and all the back and forth since. When I saw what song you were doing, I thought, ‘great, I love that song’; it was a staple on the radio growing up.

From the first bars, I thought, ‘wow, such a unique arrangement.’

Then I read all your and the other notes and remembered that for a classic rocker, Seger was super piano heavy (old time rock and roll, night moves, etc). But for the life of me I couldn’t put my finger on it while watching.

But the point is, I thought it was a super arrangement. I also enjoyed reading how much effort and how many variations you tried on this. I thought you just cranked these out flawlessly from the start because, uhh, you are just that good. It’s nice to know other have to work a bit as well!

Cheers

Dave
Old 02-06-2021, 12:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Hi Glenn,

Great job as always. Also, as always, I watched before I even read your intro note and all the back and forth since. When I saw what song you were doing, I thought, ‘great, I love that song’; it was a staple on the radio growing up.

From the first bars, I thought, ‘wow, such a unique arrangement.’

Then I read all your and the other notes and remembered that for a classic rocker, Seger was super piano heavy (old time rock and roll, night moves, etc). But for the life of me I couldn’t put my finger on it while watching.

But the point is, I thought it was a super arrangement. I also enjoyed reading how much effort and how many variations you tried on this. I thought you just cranked these out flawlessly from the start because, uhh, you are just that good. It’s nice to know other have to work a bit as well!

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. Much appreciated.

Maybe I should not have been quite so open about the work I put in on putting this cover together. I don't mean to sound as if I'm whining or complaining about the effort, because all in all, I enjoyed it.

But as you have mentioned in your comments, I do want others to know that very few of us are savants who can just throw something like this together in an hour or two. For most of us -- those of us who are mortals with limited abilities -- there is trial and error, false starts, occasional frustration, flubs and clams here and there, and yes, some measure of elation at times, too. I think for me the ups are much more common than the downs, which is why I love doing multi-track recording so much. I love to build things and I find the process very creative.

I am super pleased that you enjoyed my rather original arrangement of this song. I wasn't sure it would work until I dove into it and tried a bunch of stuff. But slowly I felt that it did come together into something I wanted to share with others. I'm so glad you thought it was all worthwhile, Dave.

Thanks again for your interesting and thoughtful comments! I hope all is well for you and your family!

Be well!

- Glenn
Old 02-08-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Thank you again, Ray!

Now that you have provided some background on your own playing I can see why you know so much about the business of guitar playing. Your comments point to some significant knowledge that has shown up over the years on the AGF from your many posts.

I am very grateful for your encouragement and humbled by your praise. It's very kind of you!

I bet you are looking forward to retirement, just as I did. I really appreciate the time to be able to make music in a way I never had time for before. I know it won't last forever, but I am enjoying it while I can.

Thanks so very much,
Glenn
I am Glenn, Not quite ready yet, but who knows if my plans for that will work out.

I've worked in IT for many years, and you never really know when the hammer called "Reorg" comes down..

Best!
/Ray
Old 02-08-2021, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I am Glenn, Not quite ready yet, but who knows if my plans for that will work out.

I've worked in IT for many years, and you never really know when the hammer called "Reorg" comes down..

Best!
/Ray
Hi Ray,

Yes, it makes sense for you to work as long as you can. I worked until I was 68, retired in March 2016. Even then, I worked so much part time work after that (I set up an engineering consulting business once I retired) that it was hardly like retiring at all. Slowly over the last 5 years I have reduced the consulting hours to an average of 10 or fewer hours per week. I like that much more.

Best of luck as you work towards retirement and let's hope that REORG thing gives you a break until you get to retirement.

- Glenn
Old 02-08-2021, 01:39 PM

As they say up here in Boston ....Wicked Good! Thanks for posting it. Dan
Old 02-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbgit View Post
As they say up here in Boston ....Wicked Good! Thanks for posting it. Dan
Thank you Dan!

Very nice of you to listen and take the time to offer a comment! I hope you are doing okay in all that snow! I have a daughter and her family living in western Mass. near Amherst.

Take care!

- Glenn
Old 02-10-2021, 03:30 PM
AGF Administrator

You've become quite the one-man-band, Glenn! Wonderful video and production!
Old 02-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
You've become quite the one-man-band, Glenn! Wonderful video and production!
Thank you Jeremy!

I'm so pleased you got to watch this and felt it came out okay. Thanks for your thoughts!

I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell