The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-23-2022, 10:17 PM

Chiefs/ Bills game was extraordinary. Wow! Two questions. Where was the Bill's top rated defense? Secondly, Allan called for "Tails" on the overtime coin toss. Big mistake. It was the coin flip that turned the game around. However, Buffalo should have had the game in the bag with 13 seconds in regulation. And they gave it up. My heart goes out to Buffalo fans as they may be the most dedicated fan base anywhere. And it was right there. Yet disappeared.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Chiefs/ Bills game was extraordinary. Wow! Two questions. Where was the Bill's top rated defense? Secondly, Allan called for "Tails" on the overtime coin toss. Big mistake. It was the coin flip that turned the game around. However, Buffalo should have had the game in the bag with 13 seconds in regulation. And they gave it up. My heart goes out to Buffalo fans as they may be the most dedicated fan base anywhere. And it was right there. Yet disappeared.
Yeah, it was a very tough loss for the Buffalo fans and the Bills team. What a heartbreaker.

- Glenn
Old 01-23-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post

It was very Brady-esque how Mahomes used every second of that clock. Just crazy stuff. Games’s not over until the clock runs out.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:23 AM

NFL Overtime Rules are horrendous.

should be a full Quater in the playoffs.

Bills never got the ball. That isn't right.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 01-24-2022, 07:11 AM

re Bills/Chiefs: Hard to imagine anything left in the playoffs topping that one! What a game! Might have been the "real" Super Bowl right there!
Old 01-24-2022, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

That was an amazing game. Two evenly matched teams executing at the highest level. Football is an exciting game to watch, even from a neutral perspective.
I recall the Patriots also winning the toss against the Chiefs a few years ago and winning the game, with Mahomes never being able to touch the ball. It must have been a redemption of sorts for him.
I agree though that some rule change would probably make sense. There should be at least one change of hands in a game like this. Maybe only one is necessary, i.e. if a team wins the toss, but loses the ball on a turnover and the other team scores, then it's all over. But if the toss winning team scores, there should be an opportunity for the opponent to match it, or better.
Having a flipped coin determine the outcome in a game like this, when both teams score when they have the ball, doesn't seem 100% fair.
Lastly, I have new found respect for Josh Allen. Who wouldn't a player like that on their team.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 01-24-2022, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Great game (Bills/Chiefs). NFL OT format - terrible. In playoffs, both teams should have the ball offensively at least once.

I agree. Wouldn’t it be more exciting if it went until you prevented the other team from scoring? It might go for a while in a game like this, but it would be exciting!
Old 01-24-2022, 08:18 AM

2 comments on the bills / chiefs game

1) where was the defense towards the end? Qbs made the throws, but the bills receivers were wide open and the same could be said for most of the chiefs receivers. They weren’t like ‘blow your mind’ throws - they simply hit wide open receivers. These were 2 pretty stiff defenses supposedly. Specifically I Can’t believe the defense on the last 2 chiefs plays in regulation. You’d think they’d actually try to cover their 2 best receivers.

2). The OT rules - I don’t like them either. The best solution in my opinion would be to switch to the college version of overtime. That would have been incredibly exciting in that matchup last night.

Great games!
Old 01-24-2022, 08:37 AM

Agreed that it just doesn't seem right to lose the game because of a coin flip. The way those offenses were rolling, it really did come down to winning the coin flip.

scott
Old 01-24-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeetime View Post
Simply the best weekend of football I've ever seen.
All the action and drama was just too unpredictable.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Red face

We should have a moment of silence for the Bulls fans.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 01-24-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanheeg View Post
2 comments on the bills / chiefs game

1) where was the defense towards the end? Qbs made the throws, but the bills receivers were wide open and the same could be said for most of the chiefs receivers. They weren’t like ‘blow your mind’ throws - they simply hit wide open receivers. These were 2 pretty stiff defenses supposedly. Specifically I Can’t believe the defense on the last 2 chiefs plays in regulation. You’d think they’d actually try to cover their 2 best receivers.

2). The OT rules - I don’t like them either. The best solution in my opinion would be to switch to the college version of overtime. That would have been incredibly exciting in that matchup last night.

Great games!
1) Both D's were absolutely gassed. But, even so, fundamentals were missed at the end.

2) I think it's fine for the regular season, but should be changed for the postseason to both teams at least getting one possession. Then sudden death after that.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-24-2022, 10:17 AM

Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-24-2022, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
2) I think it's fine for the regular season, but should be changed for the postseason to both teams at least getting one possession. Then sudden death after that.
But in a game like last nights, presumably both teams score a touchdown on their one possession and then the next possession still comes down to the initial coin flip, no? There's just no wonderful way to do this. People suggest playing a full extra quarter (which no players want - see "defenses gassed", above), but if it's tied at the end of that, we're right back in the same place.

Interestingly, the one person I've seen quoted this morning who has no problem with the current format is Josh Allen. He said, essentially, 'hey, if we'd won the coin flip and won the game because of it, we'd sure be celebrating'.

My solution is to cancel the last three games of the season and make KC and Buffalo co-champions - last night did not establish a better team, just a game winner. But I know fans from KC, Cincy and California wouldn't buy off on that and there's more revenue to be had yet, so I'd say my idea doesn't have a very good chance of being adopted. To say the least...

-Ray
Old 01-24-2022, 10:46 AM

The wind came out of my sails when San Francisco beat Green Bay the other night. My friend's son is tight end Tyler Davis, #84. Since my Jets have seen fit to disappoint me yet again, I figured I'd root for Green Bay.

That said, this may have been the greatest weekend of playoff football ever. That Bills/Chiefs game was off the hook!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic