The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

The list just hit 50 guitars…
Old 12-29-2021, 11:33 AM
Charter Member

Hatcher Greta model, come Winter.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 12-29-2021, 11:59 AM

Shout after me,
"IM COMMISSION FREE"
Old 12-29-2021, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Somehow forgot to mention my OM build with Beneteau due in a few weeks, I guess because it was expected early December but then there was a setback or two. Looking forward to that as well.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 12-30-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM615 View Post
....Here's how we look:....
...Galalith...

That's a request that I rarely if ever see on any of the guitar forums. I replaced the original worn-out pins on my 1973 Guild F30 with oversized Galalith Ivoroid pins from StewMac. I love the looks of the pins and they have held up very well over the years. I'd do it again.

Tommy
Old 12-30-2021, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
...Galalith...

That's a request that I rarely if ever see on any of the guitar forums. I replaced the original worn-out pins on my 1973 Guild F30 with oversized Galalith Ivoroid pins from StewMac. I love the looks of the pins and they have held up very well over the years. I'd do it again.

Tommy
You're right, not many people think of it anymore. Casein is hard to come by now, Willi Henkes mentioned that Italy was the last place he knew of where it was made. He made his 20's style ivoroid pins out of it. I like them on vintage Martins a lot.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I love reading this list! So many guitars by so many talented luthiers. My custom guitar ordering days are over thanks to retirement and already owning some fabulous custom guitars but I will look forward to the joy and excitement when each of these beauties lands in the hands of their happy owners.
Happy New Year!
Jayne
Old 12-30-2021, 11:48 PM

Default mcKnight

Waiting for my Beloved McKnight
andi top, Zircote back and sides
should be arriving 2022 q1/2
Old 12-31-2021, 02:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Joel Michaud OM-R

..it‘s all done and ready.. but not with me yet.. hope to get my hands on it next year or to pick it up at a friends place..
Old 12-31-2021, 08:03 AM

I have continued my commissioning/selling frenzy from the last 2 years, having sold off all my other guitars except my favourite, amazingly wonderful 00 by Nick Branwell. For 2022 I am expecting the following commissions:

1) Nick Branwell: Torres first era replica nylon string, 40 year old Italian spruce and cuban mahogany; due in Feb
2) Oliver Marchant (Marchwood guitars), an exciting and meticulous young English builder: 14 fret 00 in sinker cedar and Australian Blackwood; due in Jan
3) John Buckham, an unknown but very talented Australian builder who uses the falcate bracing system: wedge bodied OM in cedar and recycled cuban mahogany from old furniture, the guitar is built, just pending delivery...
4) I've jumped on the Michel Aboudib bandwagon: planning a 12 fret 00 cutaway in Austrian spruce and ancient cuban mahogany, due in May

This is one more guitar than I was planning to have, but I am feeling only moderately guilty I went tonewood shopping and found two cuban mahogany sets that I just haaaad to have, including the ancient set that I sent to Michel. Very excited to be getting some of these in the next few weeks, and hoping that the fire of GAS addiction will be soothed. As you can tell, I have a real penchant for cuban mahogany Dennis
Old 01-03-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
1) Nick Branwell: Torres first era replica nylon string, 40 year old Italian spruce and cuban mahogany; due in Feb
Dennis
Really curious about this! One of favorite Torres guitars is of the same wood combination although of his second epoch. Have been thinking of making a guitar on the 1856 La Leona plantilla of spruce and cuban mahogany as well!

https://guitarsalon.com/product-1888...s-emilio-pujol
Old 01-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Something from Bruce S. sometime in Q1.
Something from Ben W. sometime in Q4 (or so projected at present.)
What a year!
Old 01-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
..... For 2022 I am expecting the following commissions:

3) John Buckham, an unknown but very talented Australian builder who uses the falcate bracing system: wedge bodied OM in cedar and recycled cuban mahogany from old furniture, the guitar is built, just pending delivery...
Dennis you have piqued my interest by naming a local (for me) builder I have never heard of! I did some searching on the internet but came up with very little. Can you tell us more about John and how you came to know his work?

Colin
Old 01-04-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstring View Post
Finishing touches on my Crosby 12 Fret being done. Great builder out of Nova Scotia Canada. ( such a bargain with the exchange rate )

daniel
Just before Christmas I commissioned a new (my 4th) build with Russel, an Engelmann/Claro Walnut Festival Elite (Manzer wedge + Venetian cutaway) with 25" to 25.75" fan fret scale (perpendicular at 7th) for DADGAD, mahogany neck, Ryan Bevel and upper bout soundport, Schertler open-gear 18:1 tuners and custom head, neck and rosette inlays. Russel's Festival model is ideally suited to fingerstyle and has a 16" lower bout, 9.5" waist. 11.63" upper bout, 20" long body with depth at heel of 4.63." This one will also sport green purfling and accents all around.

I missed having one of Russel's guitars in my posse (the other three having been passed on to other players) so I'm really looking forward to this! It's also being fueled by the beautiful job that Russel did on James' (Feste) multiscale baritone (see https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=608116).

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.

Last edited by philjs; 01-04-2022 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:47 AM

Default Taran Oreval Madagascan/Adi

Nearly forgot in all the excitement as its due later this month (in finishing right now)

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop