The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsdmb View Post
The responses you've received are pretty accurate. I am AWFUL at describing tone. I find ziricote (I've owned a few) to be pretty rosewoody in tone with a bit more zing and less overtones. It's not a cocobolo type zing, but a different style zing. The decay is a bit quicker. Visually, I love it but this guitar has easily been the best one I have owned with ziricote back and sides. I would recommend finding a nice quartered set if you can to promote stability. In the right builders hands, I would trust it. Ask Drew what he recommends based on your wants and needs and go for it. Trusting the builder is the best way to go in my opinion.

This guitar is easily in the top 2 of any I have ever owned. It is utterly amazing and handles anything. I am cringing a little bit as my wife and I have had something unfortunate and unexpected pop up at home that MAY force me to sell this. I am really really hoping that is not the case. If anyone has interest you can send me a PM and we can converse. I should know something in the next 2 weeks. :/ John raised his prices somewhat recently (very well deserved) and I would price this based on his old prices when I ordered.

Thank you and man I do hope you don’t have to sell!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop