The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Thanks everyone for commenting. If you are at Healdsburg stop by and check it out, please.

I will have more concepts like this in the future. For my 20th Anniversary build coming up in a couple short years, I have a great idea brewing. I'm also going to be doing a re-design on my EVA-JM/UM models too. If anyone is interested in these, give me a shout/jingle, please.

Kevin.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Music soothes the soul!

As I mention before, I love the neck. Just AWESOME !!!!!!

You seem to be an idea factory. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Best wishes for a successful Healdsburg show!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
As I mention before, I love the neck. Just AWESOME !!!!!!

You seem to be an idea factory. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Best wishes for a successful Healdsburg show!
Thanks Dennis. This part of the guitar turned out great. Its even more impressive in person.

Thanks again.

Have a superb evening.

Kevin.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
I've mentioned before - this "neck detail" - well, I finally got the finished pics. I don't have the best camera and I'll get a better one, but for now...these will have to do.

I hope you like it. Please, if you like this, let me know.

The real thing is better in person and, Lord willing, I'll have this guitar at Healdsburg.

Stop by and PLAY it, it sounds really amazing!

Kevin.

More pics!!

Kevin.

We are leaving for Healdsburg on Monday morning. We are flying and having a vacation the week prior.

I've enjoyed the comments on this neck. Its like nothing else out there. There will be more to come. I have the Modified SJ to put up too...that will be tonight or tomorrow.

The rest of these pics are on page 12 of this thread.

Kevin.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM

Hope to see some of you posters at the guitar show. Stop by our table and look touch and feel these guitars. Introduce yourself too. Should be a fun time.

Have a great weekend. I'll have post show pics and maybe some video.

Kevin.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Hope to see some of you posters at the guitar show. Stop by our table and look touch and feel these guitars. Introduce yourself too. Should be a fun time.

Have a great weekend. I'll have post show pics and maybe some video.

Kevin.
I saw your fine work...but obviously should have slowed down and played one. That is just about the most spectacular work I have seen....

Boy if your guitars sound as good as they look...whoa

Olson Brazilian Dread #1325
Olson Brazilian SJ #1350
Olson Tiger Myrtle Dread #1355
Olson Brazilian Jumbo #1351
Olson 12-string Jumbo (one of only a few)
Martin D-42 Johnny Cash #51/200 (only 80 made)
And a few others

Quite a few limited edition and rare Martins
-----------------

http://www.kekomusic.com
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM

Kevin is super talented indeed.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Kevin is super talented indeed.
Hey Mau - thanks dude. Appreciate that. I have some more cool ideas coming up.

Have a peaceful evening.

Kevin.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabolting View Post
I saw your fine work...but obviously should have slowed down and played one. That is just about the most spectacular work I have seen....

Boy if your guitars sound as good as they look...whoa
cpabolting - I almost skipped over your post. Yeah, I wish you would have played them. Wow, thanks for that compliment. Sure, they are guitars first to be played and I just happen to make them looks nice .

I notice you have some very sweet Olsons. Jim is quite the guy with a killer operation. I hope to someday aspire to his level. Quite the hill to climb though. I've showed Jim my guitars and he just flipped to be honest. About this neck he said "wow, I never seen anything like that before"...he wondered how I did it. Super nice guy.

I'd be happy to send you a demo guitar someday. I have an EVA-JM redesign I'm working on (SJ'ish). Going to be a SWEET guitar. Be happy to send it to you to try out. My plan is to have it done around Oct/Nov sometime. It has my new patent pending bridge on it.

Kevin.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
cpabolting - I almost skipped over your post. Yeah, I wish you would have played them. Wow, thanks for that compliment. Sure, they are guitars first to be played and I just happen to make them looks nice .

I notice you have some very sweet Olsons. Jim is quite the guy with a killer operation. I hope to someday aspire to his level. Quite the hill to climb though. I've showed Jim my guitars and he just flipped to be honest. About this neck he said "wow, I never seen anything like that before"...he wondered how I did it. Super nice guy.

I'd be happy to send you a demo guitar someday. I have an EVA-JM redesign I'm working on (SJ'ish). Going to be a SWEET guitar. Be happy to send it to you to try out. My plan is to have it done around Oct/Nov sometime. It has my new patent pending bridge on it.

Kevin.
I was there at your table and checked out your work and I listened as you explained your bridge design....looks terrific. You got any dreads in your lineup?

Olson Brazilian Dread #1325
Olson Brazilian SJ #1350
Olson Tiger Myrtle Dread #1355
Olson Brazilian Jumbo #1351
Olson 12-string Jumbo (one of only a few)
Martin D-42 Johnny Cash #51/200 (only 80 made)
And a few others

Quite a few limited edition and rare Martins
-----------------

http://www.kekomusic.com
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabolting View Post
I was there at your table and checked out your work and I listened as you explained your bridge design....looks terrific. You got any dreads in your lineup?

cpabolting - Thanks. Cool, glad you had a chance to hear about it. It works great and I can really get the intonation dialed in. I'd also comment that getting the string pressure spread out more at the saddle has an effect on the tone too.

I don't have a dread going, but I've been thinking about a dread or a mod dread. The closest thing I have, size wise in the lower bout, is the EuphoricMojo at 16".

I'd love to talk about it. Have a great day.

Kevin.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM

I was finally able to get the balance for this guitar (the "wheels" of reality turn slowly sometimes) and so I was able to send this guitar to the owner. His name is Jim and he lives in Massachusetts. I think he is a strummer and plays in a "Jam type" band. If he does any sound clips I'll be sure to share them.

Here were his comments:

(quote)

Hey kevin , You actually addressed it to my neighbor across the street but the driver woulda caught it anyway lol. Or the neighbor woulda started a killer acoustic act !! Haha ... Bravo once again my friend !! Bravo !! I don't think I've ever played an instrument that resonates like this thing ! I was worried i went too dark with the wood choices but when it came down to it it was really all about the tone for me . The Brazilian is very dark but absolutely incredible. Would you call that a valute at the neck and headstock ? Is that for strength or tone or both ? It does it just look bad *** lol ?im afraid to take this case on the road lol it's a work of art in its own right and I am notorious for beating the hell out of cases . Thanks again my friend. talk to you. Until then thank you for everything and ill talk to you later.

Jim S.

(unquote).

I have a couple more very cool guitars coming and I'd love to share them on the forum here. I'd share more, but I do a lot of small body arch tops - but there are some really cool details on them, like back of the neck inlays, abalone bindings and other inlays that are very cool...and of course, natures work in the woods used.

Hope you have a great day.

Kevin.

Quote:
Here is my neck/heel join. Adjustable neck.

Hope you've enjoyed this thread.

Kevin.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM

I'm not sure if I shared this here before but I recently put these on facebook. I forgot that I made this stand for a guy to go with his Pederson Custom Guitar. It was an "after thought" on the guitar project, but we started it as I still had the guitar here. With very little preconception I just came up with this toward the end of his build.

I just used some scraps that weren't big enough for other jobs. Good way to use up pieces that probably don't have much use otherwise.

And then the inlays on the panels...life cycle of a butterfly.

Kevin.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 PM

I am happy to announce that I have been awarded United States Patent No. 8,748,718 for my 'Adjustable Saddle'. I'm honored by this distinction. Now, I need to beat the street and get players hands on this guitar/bridge.

These saddles are machined out of normal saddle/nut bone.

Kevin.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 PM

Really lovely, lovely design. Thanks for posting these, Kevin!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop