The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 10:50 AM

Keep using that left hand with leads and chords. I use a pick on the right hand so no problems with that. I had some trigger finger in the left ring finger so had some hand surgery on that and doing good. I also have the Hebredon(?) nodules but there not effecting my playing, just look weird. I think using the left hand helps keep the Synovial fluid, that's the fluid around the jts, active. There are supplements like the spices in Curry.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:54 PM

I have a Collings Baby with a 24" scale, 1-11/16 nut, and modified V neck, which is more comfortable than a C neck, and Thomastik-Infeld Plectrum strings . I also have a GS Mini, with a 23.5" scale, which is comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Baby. I really play the Guild. I'm also looking to get a Collings 02H, slightly bigger than the Baby, and 24-7/8 scale.

Basically, smaller guitar with a shorter scale is noticeably easier to play

m
2019 Collings Baby 2he
Prior: Too many to list
Old 10-05-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
So, I've known about it for a while, the signs were there. The little nodules on the sides of the joints. The little finger's last joint slowly turning inward. the pain, and stiffness. It's not too bad yet, but still I know 'that' day is coming - one day. How do you deal with age's slow advance, and the inevitable consequences of it's ravages? I guess at some point we all go through that door.
I have a bit of arthritis in my hands, but it hasn't affected my playing, yet. I'm gonna learn to play pedal steel guitar. At 66 I don't think I'll live long enough to be any good at it, though!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion