The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Default TRADED! Rockbridge Slope D Custom (players grade) - Adirondack/Honduras RW

**Added trades to it since I'm getting messages about it! Anyone have a cool McIlroy or Avalon? Gibson CL-40 Artist?

Hey all, picked this up awhile back and if it weren't for my focus on Celtic music, I'd be keeping it. However, my McIlroy and Avalon are getting all of my attention and I hate to see this one sitting unplayed.

This is a "players grade" guitar with some dings, but no structural issues. One ding on the top near the upper left bout, some pick wear just southeast of the pickguard, nicks in the headstock, but the back/sides/neck are all really clean. Frets are in great shape and it plays smooth. Currently setup with 13s since I keep it in drop D or DADGAD.

The sound? BIG! Probably the loudest acoustic I've ever owned, while also retaining clarity. The Adirondack/Honduran combo lends itself to a lot of headroom. That clarity and volume is present when using your fingers, too. It's a great all-rounder and the inlays are just beautiful. Definitely a conversation starter!

Recently replaced the Waverleys with a new set, same as the originals. I reached out to StewMac and they replaced them.

Asking $TRADED PP & shipped. Comes with a cool hardshell brown case w/a built-in hydrometer.

**Note I am in Germany but have access to USPS on the military base. I've shipped several guitars from here and they usually arrive within a week.

Details:
  • Adirondack/Red Spruce top
  • Honduran Rosewood back and sides
  • Red Spruce bracing
  • Ebony board, bridge, headstock veneer, and pins
  • Proprietary environmentally friendly water-based finish (much thinner than poly)
  • Custom inlay done by Brian Calhoun of Rockbridge Guitars
  • Neck scale length: 25”
  • Nut width: 1-3/4”
  • Compound radius: 12”-16"
  • NEW Waverly pearloid tuners

Last edited by Mayfair; 06-26-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars