The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-30-2019, 01:47 PM

Default On my way to..........

Elderly’s tomorrow morning to have a setup done on my new Fender Strat Pro, and to hopefully purchase a new Fender Tele, model yet unknown! Yippeeeeee!
Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Nothing better than a visit to Elderly! Have fun!
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 05-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Enjoy your trip!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM

Enjoy and congrats on the Strat acquisition!

If your pop in trem is overly difficult to insert/remove, setup day is a great time to address it. There is a clip they can alter to make it easier. Apparently it’s fairly common. Mine is definitely requiring some effort to remove. Similarly, if your trem is “floppy” that can be fixed easily. I had to tighten a set screw at the back of the bridge. It was an Allen size not provided.

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style
Old 05-31-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Novice View Post
Enjoy and congrats on the Strat acquisition!

If your pop in trem is overly difficult to insert/remove, setup day is a great time to address it. There is a clip they can alter to make it easier. Apparently it’s fairly common. Mine is definitely requiring some effort to remove. Similarly, if your trem is “floppy” that can be fixed easily. I had to tighten a set screw at the back of the bridge. It was an Allen size not provided.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-31-2019, 05:54 AM
Charter Member

Enjoy your trip! I"m headed that way to consider some mandolins soon.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:13 PM

How did it go? I've never been to Elderly's but I'm sure it's a fantastic visit.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
How did it go? I've never been to Elderly's but I'm sure it's a fantastic visit.

The visit was fantastic. Joe, head of the service department, set up my strat perfectly! While he was doing that, I picked up a tele pro in mystic sea foam that stuck in my hand until I reached my truck, where I was finally able to release my grip! Beautiful guitar and sounds great. Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money). I was quite surprised at the quality of the Squire line of guitars. Fit and finish was quite commendable in spite lower end pricing. There were no sharp frets or obvious finish problems. Now, Elderly claims they go through each and every instrument that comes in the door to insure a good product and after seeing their Squire offerings, I believe that is so. Two weeks ago at Guitar Center, the Squires they had In the showroom did not appear to be the equal of Elderly’s line (at least to my eye, and feel). It’s a great place to visit and handle instruments one only dreams of. The staff does not bother you, letting you do as you choose, unless of course you have a question. It should be a destination for anyone who is involved with anything musical.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:28 PM

I recently purchased a Fender Professional HSS Strat, which might be slightly different than yours. The original factory set-up was really pretty good. I was wondering what you were focusing on for your set up.

I planned to take mine in for a set-up but I only want to look into some minor adjustments to the middle and neck pickups and switching to 10/46 strings.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
I recently purchased a Fender Professional HSS Strat, which might be slightly different than yours. The original factory set-up was really pretty good. I was wondering what you were focusing on for your set up.

I planned to take mine in for a set-up but I only want to look into some minor adjustments to the middle and neck pickups and switching to 10/46 strings.
Eamon,
I have the same model Strat as you. Mine had some slight buzzing which I had a problem getting corrected locally. Having had work done at Elderlys service department on numerous occasions, I knew their work was reliable. I too had the strings changed to 10-46. The adjustments they made were minor, and the guitar plays great. They will do whatever tweaking you choose.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money).
Oh yes. They have a truckload of my money. It's been my local store, since I first darkened their doorstep in 1973.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 06-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
The visit was fantastic. Joe, head of the service department, set up my strat perfectly! While he was doing that, I picked up a tele pro in mystic sea foam that stuck in my hand until I reached my truck, where I was finally able to release my grip! Beautiful guitar and sounds great. Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money). I was quite surprised at the quality of the Squire line of guitars. Fit and finish was quite commendable in spite lower end pricing. There were no sharp frets or obvious finish problems. Now, Elderly claims they go through each and every instrument that comes in the door to insure a good product and after seeing their Squire offerings, I believe that is so. Two weeks ago at Guitar Center, the Squires they had In the showroom did not appear to be the equal of Elderly’s line (at least to my eye, and feel). It’s a great place to visit and handle instruments one only dreams of. The staff does not bother you, letting you do as you choose, unless of course you have a question. It should be a destination for anyone who is involved with anything musical.
Congrats ................ pictures when ya get a chance ?
Ha I love it I wonder if that bold statement will work on my wife

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars