The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-08-2020, 04:26 PM

Default PSA for Costco members Weber q2200 grill

Just picked up a Weber Q2200 bundle for $289. What makes it a deal is you also get the Q 6557 portable cart, and the adapter hose for using big propane tanks instead of the little cans.

Amazon prices for putting together this bundle are: Grill $269, stand $89, and hose for $37.

I've run the little sibling q1200 into the ground over the last 6 or 7 years. With all 4 people home (colleges closed) the extra grill area is a must. I recently gave it a full overhaul (deep cleaning and clearing the burner holes with a welding tip cleaner) to keep it going.

These are very good. They aren't just camping/tailgate grills. My little one has never left the house If you go on youtube you'll see that 80% of the "professional" vids are from Weber Australia spokespeople. Portability never comes up!

As always, sometimes individual Costcos have different inventories. I live in driving range of three and they are all different.

Last edited by blue; 07-08-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:05 AM
Charter Member

When my mom passed away last year, my brother-in-law snagged her Weber Q2200 grill. He cleaned it up, replaced a few parts, and got the hose that you mention for the full-sized tank.

He loves that thing, and it's perfect for him and my sister. I don't think he'd trade me for my fancy Weber Genesis.

I'm glad he got it.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
When my mom passed away last year, my brother-in-law snagged her Weber Q2200 grill. He cleaned it up, replaced a few parts, and got the hose that you mention for the full-sized tank.

He loves that thing, and it's perfect for him and my sister. I don't think he'd trade me for my fancy Weber Genesis.

I'm glad he got it.
That's one of the things one should always keep in mind when deciding whether or not to go with Weber or save some bucks on a randomly branded import. As long as the "body" is intact, you can pretty much rebuild the whole dang thing if you want to with OEM parts direct from Weber.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

I’ve had several Webbers that have lasted two decades or more with a bit of rebuilding. My wife finally makes me throw them out when the bodies start to go. I like to have 2 grills available at all times to vary cooking temps and for parties.

They have my loyalty!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic