The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-15-2020, 07:14 PM

Default Seagull Maritime vs PRS Angelus?

I am looking for a concert sized cutaway in the < $1000 range. I'm torn between the Seagull Maritime SWS and the PRS Angelus A40E. I live in a rural area, so I'm kind of flying blind, just going by what I see on various reviews. I'm looking for a couch guitar, and I'm into mellow bluesy jazz, bossa nova, Beatles. What attracts me to the Seagull is the made in Canada as opposed to Asian made. Nothing against Asian made guitars however - I have several Asian made solid bodies as well as a killer 70's vintage Conn folk guitar.
One turnoff for me with the Angelus is the PRS headstock, which I'm not a fan of - but if it's a great guitar I could live with it.
Anyhow, both the Seagull and the Angelus seem to be exactly what I'm looking for but there's no way I could ever try them out in real time.
Any thoughts would be very welcome!
Old 06-16-2020, 05:54 AM

No experience with either one but I would not write off Breedlove Organic Wildwood Concert. It's the most modern-sounding...Smooth sounding..guitar I've very heard..just beautiful and just $549 right now...All solid

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion