The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-16-2018, 05:29 PM

This thread is going south pretty pretty pretty fast.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Guest 928

Looks to me like this thread is going East.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Looks to me like this thread is going East.
Shouldn't that be Head(ed) East.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoker View Post
I won't lie, this us what I was expecting when I entered this thread. Carry on....
I was expecting Jimmy Buffett's lawyer (the same one who went after "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on Maui) to point out the line from the song Volcano: "You better lava me now or lava me not..." is intellectual property. Of course, good luck protecting that in China.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Guest 928

Right, "headed" is a better word. Got to pay more attention to my word choice. Thanks for the help.

Winston Churchill once noted that success was a matter of failure after failure with no diminishment of enthusiasm. Golly, I hope that's true.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

I emailed an inquiry and received the following info:

The scale length is 23.62" and the nut width is 1.69". The quoted price based on the current exchange rate is $587 US and $147 US for shipping.

I wouldn't expect the quality to equal Blackbird, Emerald or Rainsong but as I said earlier, for travel it seems very reasonable.

Mitch
Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkatz View Post
I emailed an inquiry and received the following info:

The scale length is 23.62" and the nut width is 1.69". The quoted price based on the current exchange rate is $587 US and $147 US for shipping.

I wouldn't expect the quality to equal Blackbird, Emerald or Rainsong but as I said earlier, for travel it seems very reasonable.

Mitch
Hmmmmm. The price creeps up on you unless you buy directly in China or Singapore (was there 6 months ago).

And quality? The Singapore review already pointed out there is some risk and return would be an issue.

Would I be interested in parting with over $700 for this level of risk? Not personally. Currently, I would need to see, inspect, feel and try one in person.

But these are still early models. Future reports and reviews may later change my position now.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:10 PM

I believe it lacks a truss rod, which is a bothersome point for me.

I see no access for adjustment on the head stock, and the sound hole is too small to gain any access for any possible adjustment inside the body.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 PM

Maybe they'll come out with a new model that has a cupholder.

Seriously though it reminds me of a Blackbird Lucky 13 or a CA but less somehow.

I think I will wait until I find one in a shop somewhere. Neck's a little skinny for my taste though I am not troubled by lack of truss rod if it works.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Call me superficial, but I have a hard time getting past the weird chrome ring on the soundhole and the truly atrocious typography on the headstock.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:08 AM

Dear All

I have worked on several of these Lava Me guitars

No truss rod but the neck is straight and some have a little relief built into it very much like an Mcpherson touring

It’s very well made and even the pickup design is very futuristic and when you plugged it in sounds very close to a Fishman

Well made and most importantly it’s inexpensive

If you travel a lot then this is a no brainer .. you don’t have to worry or manintain it at all

Cheers JARVIS
Old 03-23-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
... Seriously though it reminds me of a Blackbird Lucky 13 or a CA but less somehow.
It looks nothing like either the L13 or CA, and both of those are quality instruments (at quality instrument prices) with full functionality of a small body acoustic (appx 00 body sizes). Not a good comparison at all.

A better choice for comparison would be the low-price KLOS travel guitar... a decent little instrument to have something to play when travelling, but not the instrument you would choose for everyday tone or playability.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber