The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
I go to a winter cabin with friends. This last year, major snow storms were predicted the day of our trip, so a friend and I left the night before. We arrived to find the long driveway up the hill completely covered in snow, and undriveable. Without lights (and, it could be argued, sense), we made repeated hikes up the driveway and/or the steeper slopes through the woods to carry our belongings in. Having been disappointed with my Baby Taylor in that setting, I'd brought my Taylor 512 along, and of course carried it in on my first trip. It be hea-vy.

Hiking it through the woods at night, it was neither the first nor last time I wish I'd had a Cargo along instead-- lighter, and worrier-free. My guitar and I fared fine, but the Cargo would be perfect for that winter trek, and some of my other adventures.

I've contemplated having Acousticado take my Baby Taylor for a convertible ride (nudge nudge, wink wink), to more easily justify replacing it. However, I think I'll wait until Cargos (or a reasonable facsimile) are available again.

Comfort Player, that's a beautiful lil' burst you have there. If CA had come out with a blueburst Cargo in time, I likely would have grabbed one-- I'm sort of helpless that way.

~ S.
Seems like a beautiful setting Sarah and yes, a Cargo shines in those circumstances. Send your BT my way and I'll take care of it for ya -- but it won't be pretty!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 PM

It's been awhile since I last checked on this post. Thanks for all of your input. Nice to see all the different responses.
Regarding whether the Cargo is worth keeping? Well I decided to keep it. I did checked out a number of travel guitars again - baby taylor, little martin, seagull folk etc.. and there really was no comparison when it came to sound. The Cargo was the best. I do agree that the Cargo fills a niche and should not be your only guitar. I have a Taylor GA 7 (Cedar and Rosewood) and recently got the Taylor 414 LTD (Walnut) so I'm think I'm good for now until the next urge comes around again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber