The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Default 12 String based guitar instrumental "After All, Afternoon"

Without false modesty I can say that I'm likely among worst singers here. Currently I'm working mostly on combining music with various texts (often poetry)--but I'm speaking/talk-singing/chanting the words.

But earlier this month I took a little break from the words and wanted to do something with a 12 string. Figured out the basic fingering/chords in my head, and then recorded my Seagull S12 in stereo with an Octavia SDC on the neck/body join and a cheap MXL ribbon on the bass bout. On a second pass added a bass part with my Epiphone Jack Casady hollow body bass on the Varitone 50 setting, and then finally in the left channel added a Telecaster plugged directly into my Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 playing a high part.

It's been awhile since I recorded electric guitar direct like this without the intent to re-amp or use an amp sim plugin. The result of this direct-in solid-body produces something like a cross between an acoustic guitar and a traditional electric.

Update: first try on embedding a Soundcloud player didn't work, trying again.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

Last edited by FrankHudson; 03-07-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: 1st try on Soundcloud embed didn't work
Old 03-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Guest 33123

Cool tune Frank!
Old 03-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Abstract cool

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell