The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-25-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulin View Post
Once again want to say thanks to all who replied.

Sweetwater shipped the guitar Tuesday with an ETA of next Tuesday the 1st. of December (keeping my fingers crossed considering Thanksgiving, Fed Ex, weather, pandemic, etc.).

I think this will be a good guitar for me considering it's my first electric after so many years on acoustic only. Also, without a tremolo bar it will be less complicated for an electric newbe. I'm just a little concerned the gunmetal color will not be as light as shown on Sweetwater's website, other suppliers show a much darker color.

Paul
Web site pictures can be deceiving and some colors really change depending the type and direction of the light. I'm guessing it's a sort of Pehlam Blue in the flesh, which I find a neat Fifties/early Sixties kind of color. I've come into an appreciation of Bigsby trems over the years, but for your first electric, simple is a worthwhile strategy.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 11-25-2020, 10:46 PM

I have gone through a couple of body styles - I love my Tele and play it a lot, BUT, I started out as an acoustic player and have discovered I feel most at home on my Sheraton. It has the radius of an acoustic and the body size almost feels like you are holding an acoustic. I recommend checking out a semi hollow eventually.

Oh, and then I saw you purchased a Gretsch. I have had one. I liked it and it lead me to the Sheraton. Which I think was an important part of my journey.

Enjoy. You will find the electric plays different than an acoustic. I think it takes a lighter touch to get a good sound. I also use a thicker pick on electric. Don't give up on it at first if it feels or sounds weird.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:10 PM

Okay, my new guitar has arrived. See my post NGD.....
Yamaha FSX800C
Bose L1c
Schertler Jam 100
Gretsch G2655
Gretsch G5655T

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-08-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Please refrain from profanity

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars