The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Default Taylors CV Bracing with relief rout

Does anyone out there know what Taylor guitars CV bracing with a relief rout might look like? I've searched online with no success.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz230 View Post
Does anyone out there know what Taylor guitars CV bracing with a relief rout might look like? I've searched online with no success.
I have never seen a picture of the cv bracing, but have seem pictures of standard II with relief rout. I have owned both, and looked and both with my mirror, and a light. The pattern appeared to be the same or very similar. The difference was the shaping of the bracing. The CV braces seem to have a different angle in the scalloping.

Oh and by the way, the CV bracing is a very nice improvement in my opinion. Bridges the difference between the classic Taylor tone and the Classic Martin tone and lands in the middle where you still have that very nice tonal separation Taylor is known for, but adds some low and midrange muscle. My example may not be typical though, as my top is Adi, with Adi CV braces.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM

It seems the Adirondack CV bracing provides an even richer sound than the standard Sitka CV bracing, all other things being equal.

Has anyone actually compared them?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Wooglins do you have the URL link for the pictures of the standard II bracing? from what i have heard most people enjoy the standard II over the CV
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin00028EC View Post
It seems the Adirondack CV bracing provides an even richer sound than the standard Sitka CV bracing, all other things being equal.

Has anyone actually compared them?
I have Adirondack CV bracing on my Taylor BTO. It's a sinker redwood top and EIR b/s. I love the tone ... however, I have nothing to compare it against. I believe a lot of the "depth" I'm hearing is the CV bracing. I was told Adirondack bracing would sound different that sitka; however, with nothing to compare against (there are no sinker tops out there) I really have no idea. Regardless, the final result is great.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 PM

The following video from Bob Taylor may explain a bit what to expect from the Adirondack CV bracing, but was hoping some people would corroborate it.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6JP1WV6Xw
Old 01-05-2013, 08:22 PM

before the bracing change I was not wowed by the rosewood GS models. Now after the CV change??? Well the change was dramatic enough to get me to buy the guitar in my sig. I get compliments all the time on the sound and power and volume of my 816CE.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz230 View Post
Wooglins do you have the URL link for the pictures of the standard II bracing? from what i have heard most people enjoy the standard II over the CV
Not sure about how to quantify most people prefer standard II bracing. I would venture to say that the majority of BTO's are for CV in Adi when available as an option.

I know that there are quite a few models that now come standard with CV bracing, and in the R. Taylor line a variant of CV bracing was standard.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM

Here is a pic of the CV bracing from Taylor's website:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
brace, bracing, cv *, soundboard, taylor