The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-18-2018, 01:12 AM

Default Original song - "Generations"

https://youtu.be/3IGM3KjC84g

It has been quite a while since I've cooked up a completed original song. This tune just came to me out of the blue shortly before Father's day. My last grandpa passed Easter Sunday the year before, and I finally found an outlet for the feelings I'd been struggling to vocalize.

The guitar is very simple on this song, intentionally so. I made it a point to dig out my dad's old Yamaha FG (my first guitar) to play and record this. Lyrically you'll understand why.

I'll apologize for the very amateur recording. This was me just sitting in my garage playing through a PA and recording with my iPhone. It comes through pretty well on headphones or decent speakers.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:57 AM
Charter Member

Welcome, Digbob... great first post! Hey, I liked that tune... wonderful tribute to your grandpa. Nicely done and I enjoyed it.

Looks like I see the Birds on the Bat on your shirt... Go Cardinals!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:40 PM

Thanks for listening Kerbie. And maybe the cards can finally do something with matheny gone
Old 07-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Great song! What a blessing to know our grandparents, you really captured that
Old 07-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Welcome and thanks for posting a great song. Very sweet sentiment wrapped in an easy going melody which catches my ear and is memorable.

Best,
Jayne

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell