The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-29-2023, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

The Genzlers are a really good amp for guitar and great for vocals. I still prefer my Schertler Jam 200.

I second the endorsement for Barnett Music in Tulsa. Great guys.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:49 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm expecting the Genzler Acoustic Array Pro would be a superior setup for a guitar and a mic. But as soon as I want more inputs, that means putting a mixer in front of the amp and then the color/quality of the mixer preamps comes into play.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.
According to Genzler, all inputs are active so the Acoustic Array Pro would have six inputs. Two for each channel and aux + effects return.

Rockabilly69 - that’s a great looking setup!

JR
Old 03-29-2023, 11:27 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy bookout View Post
^^^
JR,
I have not played through a 1x10 Rosette, but I would like to. IMO, the 2x8 is very disappointing tonally, and I am a huge Mesa Boogie fan...as you can see.

Wow - what a great collection of amps. I love the look of those custom Boogie amps. I would probably try to play through them all at the same time.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
Weight: 27 LBS (12.24 Kg)
From the Genzler homepage.
The Genzler web site lists the The Genzler Acoustic Array mini as being 27 lbs, and the Genzler Acoustic Array Pro at 34 lbs.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
The Genzler web site lists the The Genzler Acoustic Array mini as being 27 lbs, and the Genzler Acoustic Array Pro at 34 lbs.
That’s shipping weight.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

I ordered an Acoustic Array Pro Extension cabinet. The Genzler site shows the Acoustic Array Pro as out of stock. But it accepted an order of the extension cabinet. I've already got a decent Mackie mixer, so I think I can make this work quite well for any environment I might find myself in.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Anybody using the Genzler Acoustic Array as a PA? I picked one up from a friend and it is a fabulous amp. I'm thinking of getting the extension cabinet and using the both as instrument and vocal PA system. Both on poles.

Probably have to use a small mixing board (I've got a Mackie) for 2 or 3 mics. Maybe another mini-mixer for more than one instrument.

That's starting to add up to a lot of gear, as opposed to a simple EV 30m.
Yes---I have a rig consisting of a behringer mixer, two yamaha dbr12's, one dbr 10 monitor, and a large yamaha subwoofer. Took it to a gig at a brewery in town. It sounded pretty good (i know, very much overkill for one artist). Then they asked me back--this time I brought only Gentzler acoustic Array and plugged my mic and guitar in, put on a speaker pole, and ran out of the back of the Gentzler to one dbr 12. I really think it was a better set up and sound, certainly easier to lug around.
1965 Gibson J-45 w/K&K/Ultratonic conversion
1940's??? Harmony Patrician archtop
2002 Taylor Big Baby
1985 Kentucky KM850 mando w/lr baggs radius
1959 Gibson A-5 Mando
2004 Fender Strat (Mexican)
Army bugle
Old autoharp
Indian flute
Cowbell
Old 03-31-2023, 10:36 AM

I sort of feel bad saying this, but I'm very happy with my Genz-Benz bass amp. I'm sure that there are improvements since Fender killed the line and JG opened up Genzler, but he has to compete with his own past production.

There are probably some very good pieces used.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

The extension cabinet came a day after I ordered it. Wow. Looks good. I'll have to plug it all in and give a trial run.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

I’ve had that one for about 18 months now. Nicest acoustic amp I’ve ever had
Old 04-01-2023, 04:27 PM

Fantastic amp that can function as a PA for small gigs. It’s not quite, “My guitar, just louder,” but it’s a very transparent amp for acoustic guitars and vocals. I used one a couple times for my guitar, mandolin, bass trio. We ran the mandolin, guitar and vocals through the Genzler, and the bass had its own dedicated amp. Worked great for small events, inside and outside.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Anybody using the Genzler Acoustic Array as a PA? I picked one up from a friend and it is a fabulous amp. I'm thinking of getting the extension cabinet and using the both as instrument and vocal PA system. Both on poles.

Probably have to use a small mixing board (I've got a Mackie) for 2 or 3 mics. Maybe another mini-mixer for more than one instrument.

That's starting to add up to a lot of gear, as opposed to a simple EV 30m.
A couple of thoughts: I run it through 2 JBL Eon G2 1500's. Older technology yes. Light? Not really. And I admit...coming from a background of about 125 nights a yr setting up / tearing down about 2K LBS of PA / lighting, this doesn't bother me a bit. I haven't yet run it out to the attachment (I've heard nothing but positive from 1 who has it) but simply running out from either pre or post with the right self powered speakers and it does become a very efficient strong monitor / PA all in one. Especially if you are doing 2-4 musicians / singers etc.

Its really nice to see someone with some credibility speak so highly of this amp. I know over the last couple of yrs, this has been kind of one of those slow growing looks at this amp by many. I've MANY times said in reply to the old "Gee what amp should I get"? threads, that I thought it was on a much higher plane, sound quality, build quality...everything JR said, than say ya know...the Fishmans etc. I absolutely believe this amp is on par in many ways to amps 2wice the price or more (Schertler - AER etc)

I too want to hear the Rosette 10" as I've also heard the dual 8 is a bit...flat. FWIW - and I believe I've read this couple of times but haven't verified it...the main dude / designer / person behind the rosette with Gibson was with Genz Benz before Jeff sold to Fender. As i look at the 2 amps general functionality...very similar.

I love it by itself - strapped to a couple of self powered speakers - a mixer in the middle. I actually have my signal @ home fun jam room go from Radial Twin City DI into this and an old school Fender Acoustasonic (Pre cheap yrs of 98-02ish). That one has an 8", a 10" and a tweeter. The two together are mind blowing. No pedals or effects.

So far my fave Acoustic amp ever owned!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification