The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Let's all chill just a little, guys.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Charter Member

Default Finish

Hi. I have some finishing experience with paint type products, including lacquer, some 50+ years painting airplanes, both full scale and models, full size automobiles, custom made furniture, etc. and even now I occasionally mess up. Just for an instance, let's say the finisher (any finisher) doesn't do an adequate job of cleaning off any wax or body oils on said project. What can happen? Fish eyes, minute bubbles sometime after the finish has cured, haze that won't polish out. And probably other things that I can't think of right now. But generally, nothing that couldn't be fixed by doing it again right!
But the best way to learn is to do it, seek consul prior to, but give it a shot as long as it's not too valuable a guitar to you. Other people don't count, unless you try to sell it.
Go for it!
FastJimmy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair